Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Redfield Revelution >

Redfield Revelution

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Redfield Revelution

Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
DKA
Spike

Default Redfield Revelution

Anyone tried one yet?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope. The reviews I've read were quite favorable though. John Barnsess has checked it out quite thoroughly, and he was rather impressed.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I come close today in getting one but I'm gonna wait a few and see what everyone is saying about it first.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Spike

Yeah my buddy just bought a 3-9x40 and loves it. Its a great looking piece. Looks like a $300 or more scope. Very clear through the lens and a great price. Looks like it will challenge the prostaff's and the price range. His was 169. A great scope and the reticle has the accuplex that is similar to the Leupold Ultimate SLam but with only one dot on the verticle cross hair.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

leupold have bought out redfield and if they are anything like the leupold scopes they would be great.
they are only a cheaper version of leupold and are the same quality
Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Spike

I have two so far, a 2-7x33 with the standard 4plex reticle and a 3-9x40 with the accurange reticle. I have held them side by side with a VX-I and a couple VX-II's and can say the Redfield is brighter and clearer than the VX-I I have and on par with the VX-II's. The finish is different, a rougher looking matte, and the dials are adjustable by hand on the Redfields. They dont come with lens covers of any kind and both mine had foam packing dust all over the bell and lenses and needed minor cleaning upon arival but no big deal. I will mount them up pretty soon here (been to busy to have any fun lately!!) and see how they hold up to some 300WM recoil but so far I like what i see.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Barnsess had a review on the opticstalk forum a few weeks ago if anybody wants to read it. He was very favorable to the Redfield scope.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I gather they are optically equivalent to the Rifleman/VX1 line the difference is in the coatings. I would imagine we may be seeing the end of the Rifleman line now that Leupold has the name for the price point scopes.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Spike

I have one mounted on, and in use, on an old beater (brush gun) '06. The thing looks right at home on my old "All American" Remington. Nice clear image, holds the zero, decent eye relief and all for only about $150 for this "All American" product. Own a piece of American gun history, support an american industry and BUY ONE.........