Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Swarovski A Line Series??? >

Swarovski A Line Series???

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Swarovski A Line Series???

Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Swarovski A Line Series???

hey guys in my search for a new scope i finally broke down and decided to lay down the extra cash for a swarovski. i was looking at the a line series does anybody use them and if so how do they hold up? i was looking at a zeiss conquest but i think the swarovski would outperform it. thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Swarovski A Line Series???

I have a 3X10 A-Line scope. It is my favorite deer hunting scope. It is a perfect match of length, weight, and quality of optics. I could not be more happy with any other scope. The selector ring is smooth as silk. I have done 2 box tests with this scope, and it returns to zero-perfectly(not evven off one click). And I own several high quality scopes made by Zeiss, S&B, and Swarovski to compare it to. Tom.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have two A line scopes. They are VERY, VERY GOOD. I have zero complaints and have had two seasons use on the 3-9 X 36 and one on the 3.5-10. Highly recommended.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used four 3x10x42 AVs as well as two 3x9x36 AVs.They are by far my favorite scope for big game hunting.They are light and compact,as well as having exceptional optics.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I meant 3-10 X 42 AV. It's a dandy.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

I prefer Zeiss Victory diavari, not the low end "cheap no thrills" Conquest series. Swarovski is good to but not as good as the victory series...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

B.B.A. I don't think it is fair to compare a Zeiss Victory Diavari to a Swaro AV. (perhaps a Swaro Z-6) The Zeiss is (by most accounts) the cream of the crop. I would take the Swaro AV over the Zeiss Conquest line though (I have both). Regardless, the inquiry was about the Swaro AV series which, in it's own right, is very good.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

B.B.A. I don't think it is fair to compare a Zeiss Victory Diavari to a Swaro AV. (perhaps a Swaro Z-6) The Zeiss is (by most accounts) the cream of the crop. I would take the Swaro AV over the Zeiss Conquest line though (I have both). Regardless, the inquiry was about the Swaro AV series which, in it's own right, is very good.
Excellent post!

I have several Conquests and two Swarovski A series (3-9x36 and 4-12x50), and my eyes prefer the Swarovskis hands down. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking my Conquests, but I just like the Swarovski better.