Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 DedNutz TC Extended Eye Relief Mount for Nikon Omega Scopes >

DedNutz TC Extended Eye Relief Mount for Nikon Omega Scopes

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

DedNutz TC Extended Eye Relief Mount for Nikon Omega Scopes

Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Default DedNutz TC Extended Eye Relief Mount for Nikon Omega Scopes

Here's my initial review of this scope mount.

I haven't shot the rifle yet to see if the recoil has any effect on the zero of the mounts, especially since the scope mount uses the four mounting screws to the rear of the mount and only two screws per ring. Once I shoot it, I'll be back to make further comments.

In the meantime, here are my comments regarding the scope--fit, polish, etc.

Once I get my Wheeler Engineering "FAT" Torque wrench (in/lb), and the scope alignment and lapping kit, I'll finish mounting the scope and then go shoot a few rounds to zero the rifle in and check to see if zero is affected with the new mount and rings.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM

Default RE: DedNutz TC Extended Eye Relief Mount for Nikon Omega Scopes

I originally posted in the following thread following a request for information on the Nikon Omega BDC scope. A link to the original post is below...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...=&#2950582
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Spike

Thanks for pics....just orderd mine!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Update...

Finally got a chance to go out and shoot the new setup after torquing down the screws with the Wheeler FAT torque wrench. I was never able to find a socket/allen wrench combo in a 1/4" drive; so, I torqued down the two "ring" mounting screws by hand guessing at the amount of torque I was applying with the regular Allen wrench.

Anyway, I took the gun out and shot off some 300gr Barnes MX hollow points with 100gr Triple777 pellets. I originally started off with 120gr of Shockey Gold loose powder but I apparently didn't boresight the rifle right and was running out of time due to the wait at the local range and my faux pas: I went through 20 rounds, not getting on paper until round 15--I was that far off with my laser bore sighting, a first for me. So, I switched to the pellets and will stay with those until my next round at the range when I can try the Shockey Gold again (it sure cleaned up better than the Triple777).

The verdict is that the scope mount performed admirably, not loosening at all, despite my fears with the mounting points. When I finally able to put my last shots on paper, my Thompson Pro Hunger was putting the 300gr bullets through the bullseye at both 50 and 100 yards. Now if I can only get a shot off during the rest of the season and it quits raining every day when I have off to hunt!