Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Am I safe to buy Vortex binos? >

Am I safe to buy Vortex binos?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Am I safe to buy Vortex binos?

Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Am I safe to buy Vortex binos?

I know this is a common topic, but I want to buy new new binos and due to my location, mail order may be only option.I am thinking of spending about $400 Canuck cash (Canadian, if anybody is wondering) Can I count on being satisfied with a pair of Vortex Fury 10x42's? ( retails for around $375)
Old 10-05-2008, 04:48 PM

Default RE: Am I safe to buy Vortex binos?

I have not used their Binos, but I did WIN a Vortex Riflescope, and it was a nice scope for the money ( the value it sells for ) .... If I were to buy a scope, I would consider the Vortex and not be shy of it.... But alas, I am a big Nikon Fan for the money.

So I do not think I would be shy of their Binos either .... Have heard good things about their products.

MET

Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have owned several of their binoculars. As I often say, for the price of their respective products you are going to have a hard time finding something better. In other words, if you compare one of their $200 roof prism models with a $300 from a more common manufacturer then I think you will be surprised.

I am hunting with the 8x42 Diamondback this season but I have also owned the 6.5x32 Fury, the 8x42 Razor and the 8x42 Viper. I bought one of the "factory blemished" Diamondbacks from cameralandny about a month ago. For $130 you aren't going to find a higher performing roof prism binocular. I do believe they still have some of the 10x42s left if you want to save some cash.

Having said that, and since you are spending something in the $400 neighborhood for a set of 10x42s, I would highly suggest you consider checking out a set of new models on the market...the Promaster Infiniti Elite ED and the Hawke Frontier ED. They are far from household names but they are about to be. Both of these models come from the same OEM manufacturer but they have slightly different optical and physical attributes. The big news though is that they compete optically with the high end European models at 1/3rd to 1/4 the price. I was just about to post a review of the Hawke ED 8x42 here on the forum. Check it out if you like.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 PM

I recently purchased the Vortex Diamondbacks from www.camerlandy.com and I absolutely love them. My hunting buddy is a die hard Steiner man and after lookning through his and then mine, he said that he was very impressed with the Vortex bino's. I paid $132.00 shipping included.

tx7mmmag
Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tx7mmmag

I recently purchased the Vortex Diamondbacks from www.camerlandy.com and I absolutely love them. My hunting buddy is a die hard Steiner man and after lookning through his and then mine, he said that he was very impressed with the Vortex bino's. I paid $132.00 shipping included.

tx7mmmag
x2. i have compared them to Brunton high end $450 bino's, Bushnell (buckhorn, H20, Trophy, Legend & Excursion). i have not compared them to Nikon's yet but i will say they are some AWESOME GLASS and gather light very well. i would suggest buying the higher end vortex bino or buying the diamondbacks and save $150 and have a better pair of bino's than a $300 pair of Nikon's!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of 8x42 Vipers and couldn't be happier with them. I paid @ $600.00 CDN for them when the CDN dollar was low and there is a great distributor for them in Guelph Ontario. Go ahead, you won't regret the investment.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Absolutely.

I (actually SantaClause to be more precise) gave my then 11 year old son a Vortex Diamondback 8X42 in Coyote Brown. They are a phenomenal glass for 200 bucks and rival my Pentax DCF SP which cost 3 times more.

The quality of the binos is evident the moment you pick them up. They are nitrogen purged and have a lifetime warrenty. The image quality blew me away for a $200 bino.

The only complaint is the focus ring isn't as smooth as some as you might like but that is a very minor complaint. The eyecups are fantastic.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everybody, Vortex it is.