Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Anyone familiar with these binocs? >

Anyone familiar with these binocs?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Anyone familiar with these binocs?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM

Default Anyone familiar with these binocs?

I'm looking for a pair of binoculars to replace the pocket pair I've been using for the last few years. They just don't work for anything other than using at the range when I'm shooting my bow.

Cabelas has a pair of Pine Ridge Roof-Prism binoculars that have the features I've been told I need, I don't really know anything about binoculars. Now I know they won't be great, but I'm on a really tight budget right now and they are selling for $109, which is half their normal price. I'm just wondering if anyone has used these and can tell me something about them. I know optics are not a place to skimp, unfortunately things are really tight right now so I'm looking for the least expensive decent binocs I can find. If
Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Anyone familiar with these binocs?

I have not owned or used these binos. I checked the Cabelas website and 15 reviewers all had positive comments about these binos with a 4.5 out of 5 rating. What are you planning on using the binos for?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Having gone through a BUNCH of cheaper pocket binos I finally splurged and got a Lieca 10x25 bino. AMAZING optics. I wished I would have just saved my money for a couple of years instead of spending a little every few years on cheaper stuff. I ended up spending more in the long run.
If you can wait another year why not try and save some cash over the next year and get some high quality glass. You will NOT be sorry.
I rarely use them anymore though since I did what I suggested and saved for a couple of years and got a full sized Lieca. The FOV of the compacts is pretty limited and using them in dark timber while elk hunting was sufficient but the full size are much better. It is also hard to hold those little buggers still when a guy is huffing and puffing.
WW
Old 10-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Spike

what are the features they told you that you need?