Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 bushnell3-9x60 >

bushnell3-9x60

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

bushnell3-9x60

Old 08-16-2008, 09:46 AM

Default bushnell3-9x60

Anyone know wher ei could get a bushnell 3-9x60 scope i had one on my .223 and know i can't seem to find that scope anywhere can't remember where i bought it either so any help will help.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bushnell3-9x60

Good luck,I have never heard of Bushnell using a 60mm objective on any of their rifle scopes.They most commonly use 40mm or 50mm lenses on their 3x9 scopes.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 PM

I can't think of a reason why you would want a scope that big unless you wanted to hunt at night. I would rather have better optics than a huge objective. Mounting it and getting a proper cheek weld would be a pain I would think.

Paul
Old 08-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't think of a reason why you would want a scope that big unless you wanted to hunt at night. I would rather have better optics than a huge objective. Mounting it and getting a proper cheek weld would be a pain I would think.
Perhaps Bushnell shares your opinion,and that is why they don't make any riflescopes with 60mm lenses.In fact, after doing some searching,I found no evidence at all that bushnell ever made a riflescope with a 60mm lens.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:03 PM

Any chance you could be mistaken about the Objective diameter size??

And a better quality scope, with better lens coatings and glass, will transmit more light through a smaller obj. scope than a poor quality scope with lower quality glass and coatings and a larger obj.

MET

Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 AM

no im not i found one its a sportsview the website is www.tfsa.co.uk/scopes they have one for 95 or 120 but decided not to get one i forgot i had to buy to differents size ring sets to make it fit right on my gun just sticking with a 3-9x40
Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

no im not i found one its a sportsview the website is www.tfsa.co.uk/scopes they have one
Your link isn't working.Perhaps you meant this one.
http://www.tfsa.co.uk/Scopes%20P%20J.htm.
They do list a 3x9x60 Sportman,and a 3x9x60 Sportview.However,I can find no evidence of either ever being made aside from this one single listing.
http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_sportsman.cfm?section=General%20Use

However they do make a 3x9x50 Sportsman.It looks like they not only spelled the name wrong,and the word matte,but they also misprinted the objective sizes.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:46 AM

I have seen scopes with objectives that large, but not by Bushnell or any other well known company. I think barska or some company like that might have a 55 or 60 mm objective. But if they would just make a better scope they wouldn't need it. Truth is who ever makes them probably figured there was a market for them. I'm sure they know they don't work any better, but if someone wants it they will make it.

Paul
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen scopes with objectives that large, but not by Bushnell or any other well known company. I think barska or some company like that might have a 55 or 60 mm objective. But if they would just make a better scope they wouldn't need it
Nikko sterling makes a 60mm scope,but after witnessing two of their scopes have the crosshairs break due to the recoil of a 338win mag,They too need to make higher quality scopes instead of scopes with larger lenses.