Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 simmons Aetec scope >

simmons Aetec scope

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

simmons Aetec scope

Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: simmons Aetec scope

ORIGINAL: Mr. Slim

got a question on the Aetec scope. ive heard that they a good scope and would like some input on them. im looking to buy a 243 rifle and will need a decent scope for it. it will mostly be used to hunt groundhogs and maybe deer too. im looking at a 4x12 power. any info would be helpful. thanks.
I found out today.

Simmons is made by Bushnell now. http://www.simmonsoptics.com

Bushnell is making Tasco scopes also. http://www.tasco.com

Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

ORIGINAL: Mr. Slim

got a question on the Aetec scope. ive heard that they a good scope and would like some input on them. im looking to buy a 243 rifle and will need a decent scope for it. it will mostly be used to hunt groundhogs and maybe deer too. im looking at a 4x12 power. any info would be helpful. thanks.
I found out today.

Simmons is made by Bushnell now. http://www.simmonsoptics.com

Bushnell is making Tasco scopes also. http://www.tasco.com

Reference my thread on 8/8/08

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2949389

And I would not buy a Simmons right now.... the scopes out there are still the ones manufactured under Meade, and they are crap... Give it a little time and they will be ok...

And I would not get a Tasco either..... Crap.

Consider a Nikon Prostaff as a starting point if at all possible.

Look around at www.theopticzone.com or www.swfa.com the optic zone usually has better prices than swfa, BUT sometimes swfa will sneak one in and suprise me.

MET

Old 08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

And I would not buy a Simmons right now.... the scopes out there are still the ones manufactured under Meade, and they are crap... Give it a little time and they will be ok...
I called Meade today and they said they stopped making Simmon scopes.
They gave me the Simmons phone # 1-888-276-5945 and Bushnell answered the phone.
I asked them if they are making Simmons now and they said that they are.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Did you click and reference my thread back on 8/8/08...

And yes they are making them now, but the scopes already produced and shipped are those manufactured by Meade..... It will take some time for those to get out of the market.

MET

Old 08-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I was wondereing if anybody knows how to distinquish the two, Meade made vs Bushnell made?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for all the replies. found out a lot of things i didnt know. i did order a new rifle and scope for it. im getting a remington 700 sps varmit rifle and a leupold VX-1 4x12x40 scope to put on it. the caliber is 243. this should do a job on groundhogs. again thanks for all the help. also how do i delete my post on here so not to take up space.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

had a simmons atec for about 6 or 7 years.....great scope for the price...back then....now days I would go with a lower level Nikon and be a whole lot better off than an Atec. That being said, I have always had great groups, zero held great with Leupold mounts....now its blurry when you zoom in. Im not impressed with Leupold or any other 'high end' scopes. I do however LOVE LOVE LOVE Nikon.....looking at getting a Nikon Buckmaster to replace it while Bass Pro still has their 6 pay deal.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:49 PM

Personally, in that price range Imuch preferBurris scopes. Got a 4-12x33 on my CZ 453 and 3-9x40 Ballistic Plex (BDC) scopes on both of my 7mm-08's. IMHO you get a lot of scope for the money with Burris.

firstshot
------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

garbage
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Aetec on my rem700 7mag for 12 years and it has never give me a minute of trouble. The rest of my scopes are Nikon and 1 Leupold so i cant comment on any of the other Simmons scopes.

Quick Reply: simmons Aetec scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.