Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please  Post your Opinions and experiance please.. >

Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance please..

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance please..

Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance plea

Leopold VX-III 3.5-10x50mm or (40mm) now im a dubby when it comes to scopes n stuff.. so the 40 or 50mm would mean the wide field of view right? so.. i can see more at a time while scanning through and placing a shot right? thanks.. so..
Not with leupold,the 40mm and 50mm scopes in the same model and magnification have exactly the same field of view.
I would go with a 2.5x8x32 conquest for your lever action.Doug at CameralandNY usually has fair prices.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance please..

First of all I am not putting a 50mm scope on any lightweight deer rifle that will unbalance it. I see plenty of them in the woods but it is not my recommendation. Big Scope Big Rifle and vice versa. Like Stubblejumper said a 2.5-8 or 1.5-6 Zeiss conquest is all you need. YOu might also look at the Bushnell 3-9x40 4200 that was just discontinued. You can find them on Ebay at times and they are priced in the low 2's.. Another scope would be the Leupold VX II 2-7x33
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance please..

YOu know whats funny guys? I looked on EBAY. and there selling the Zeiis Conquest for the SAME price as Cabelas +15$ shipping.. which im sure cabelas has free shipping.. but now.. even if you had to pay the same or cheaper shipping from cabelas.. why on EARTH would you buy from some MoeMoe on EBAY? whats the point? pffftttt the world is full of idiots.. i found the scope for 419$ at scopesnmore.com and i plan on calling cabelas and asking them to price match.. which i think they just might.
thanks
lataz all
Conquest 3-9x40
Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance plea

I'd also check prices at S.W.F.A. I believe they price match as well. Good luck with your selection.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Spike

You can get a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40-with Z-PLEXRecon Ebay for 379.00 plus 10.00 ship,

Good Luck
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have had a ton of great replies thus far.Here's my $.02.For your hunting as you described it, I'd argue anything over 6X is likely too much.What I'd advise it go for a wide, clear, crisp field of view over being able to see "detail" at 400-500 yards ! For fast target pickup and low light use, I really like a "wide posted" redicule.Once I tried one of these styles several years back, I was hooked o it.Several folks offer scopes in your price range in something like a 1.5x6-40 mm. This is exactly thescope set-up I use.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ckrimits

Looking to buy a new scope for my .308 browning Lever Action. . .

. . .im looking to spend upto @ MAX $600 really dont want to go over $450..

. . .Now im Hunting in UPSTATE NY where shots arent realistic over 100 yards.. usually 30-70 yard shots.. very thick woods.. and im going for Deer/Bear and want this on my .308 for now.. dont know what future holds.. so.. please advise and the reason i was looking at the 4-12 is because i would like to keep this scope for years to come when i start to travel hunt for Antelope and other.... thanks for looking... sorry for really long post..
-Chris
In this context, I'm imagining you want a scope for quick woods shots from a lever action 308. Sure, you could extend this to 300 yards going out west, but the rifle probably isn't ideal to shoot much farther than 250 or 300 yards max. So, for hunting Antelope on any kind of regular basis, I would reccomend a second setup.

Back to a scope for a lever 308. . .I have hunted animals from 0 - 300 yards well with a 4x scope. I never felt handicaped. IMHO, you should be looking for a 1-5x ??, a 4 x ?? or maybe a 6 x ??. Here are a few suggestions:

Leupold VX-3 Scope 30mm Tube 1.5-5x 20mm Metric Illuminated German #4 Reticle Matte $580

Burris Euro Diamond Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated 3P#4 Floating Dot Reticle Matte $470

Zeiss MC Conquest Scope 4x 32mm #4 Reticle Matte $460

Leupold VX-3 Scope 1.5-5x 20mm Heavy Duplex Reticle Gloss $400

Leupold FX-3 Scope 6x 42mm Wide Duplex ReticleGloss $380

Leupold FX-2 Ultralight Scope 2.5x 20mm Heavy Duplex Reticle Matte $270

Millett Tactical DMS-1 Scope 30mm Tube 1-4x 24mm Illuminated Circle Dot Reticle Matte $250

Just a variety of quality low power variables and fixed power scopes.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks nksmfamjp
for your input.. and everyone else for that matter. I actually just picked my gun up today.. and dropped it off yesterday.. i got the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 Great price. The local gun and sport shop here in longisland, i goto alot and give good business and he took good care of me. Cabelas was selling it for $450 + tax+ shipping
I got it for $450 with tax and Installed, and Boresighted.
Great deal.. EXCELLENT customer service. I cant say anything more.. Although.. while i was picking it up the guy there showed me a Night Force.. and all i can say was O MY GOD! it was a dark foggy rainy day today so it was perfect to check out both the NightForce and the Zeiss. AMAZING! the NightForce has the best Reticle ive ever seen.. Clarity? ha.. it was as though I had a flass light through the thing.. unbelievable.. If i had $ i didnt know what to do with, and i could spend on this and that.. i woulda gotten that scope. then again.. i would need a nice 3000$ + rifle to justify the 1300$ scope + 150$ scope mount rings and such.
anyways..
thanks all for everything.. im really happy.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

YOu know whats funny guys? I looked on EBAY. and there selling the Zeiis Conquest for the SAME price as Cabelas +15$ shipping.. which im sure cabelas has free shipping.. but now.. even if you had to pay the same or cheaper shipping from cabelas.. why on EARTH would you buy from some MoeMoe on EBAY? whats the point? pffftttt the world is full of idiots.. i found the scope for 419$ at scopesnmore.com and i plan on calling cabelas and asking them to price match.. which i think they just might.
thanks
lataz all
Conquest 3-9x40
Ebay is the worst place to buy a Zeiss but here is the best place www.opticzone.com and he has free shipping. I have priced everyone in the continental USA and I mean everybody and he beats them all. I still think a 2-7x33 VXII would be tailor made for that rifle
Old 03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

I'd look through both of them first and see if one stands out that much better than the other. I do have a 3-9x40 4200 and I would definitely buy another one and would recommend it as well.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Bushnell 4200Elite vs Leupold VXIII -- VXII ***** Please Post your Opinions and experiance please..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.