Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 question on scopes >

question on scopes

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

question on scopes

Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 AM

Default question on scopes

I don't know if this is appropriate here or not, but do ya'll know of any
*-bay sellers that would be safe to deal with? I'm looking for a new scope, and it is hard to beat some of the prices. Thanks for any replies.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: question on scopes

Oldelkhunter is one of the better Ebayers out there. No that is not me
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM

If you seriously want to buy a new scope =- the place to buy it is Grice Gun Shop In Clearfield PA.

They have a web site, but they do not offer their prices on line. You have to call to get the price - but the call is worth it - because they have most any brand you would like to buy at almost wholesale prices. All my Scopes has came from Grice Gun Shop and I have never had a problem with their service in 25 years.

If there is a problem - they give you a new one - free of charge - over the counter.

www.gricegunshop.com

I don't deal with any ebay people because in my opinion - they are all theifs and should not be trusted with your money or your credit card numbers.

If you send thema money order - you might as well kiss your money good bye - because there are no guarentee's that you are going to get what they advertised or that they even have what they advertised.

I could go on and on about a family friend that bought a car off ebay and the owner sold it to 3 different people and none of them got the car.

The police doesn't want to get involved and even when they do get involved - they are not going to want to go to butt butt Iowa to get back your $100
Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know what kind of a scope you are looking for, but I don't trust E-Bay a lot. Look at www.samplelist.com , the SWFA company is safe and a lot of the scopes on this list are brand new. They describe the scopes and if you have a question, just give a call.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

Any time you buy off E-Bay there is a small risk, I've bought a few things off E-Bay and never had a problem. I like to look through a scope before I buy. Good Luck
Old 01-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

I just purchased a Nikon Monarch 6-24x50sf NIB off of ebay. I was very hesitant about buying it off of there just because the price was so much less then at the stores, I figured something had to be wrong with it. I did my research on the seller and he did have a very limited return policy on it. I am VERY happy with it. I bought the scope for $489- it lists for $630 at cabelas. If you want you can PM me and i can give you the sellers name.

I agree with glockman, before you buy a scope make sure you can go some where and get your hands on one to make sure its what your looking for.

Tom
Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the quick answers. I probably won't buy from e-bay, just casting a line. I found the SWFA site yesterday after I posted my question. Would probably buy from them. I really do appreciate all the answers though.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

SWFA is a top notch outfit. Very reputable. Buy with confidence. Besides, their forum (OT) is ripe with very knowledgable folks with valuable opinions.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up 2 Zeiss scopesfrom this guy and I didn't have any problems...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZelkhunter777
Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 AM

www.theopticzone.com is a great place to buy from. They have good prices, and a lot of the time they will deal with you over the phone and knock a little more off if you ask. I bought two new Nikon Monarchs from them much cheaper than SWFA could ever hope to sell for. And yes, SWFA will say they match advertised prices, but what if the price is not adveritsed..... no deal / no match. Sooo give Jon and Tammi a call.

Quick Reply: question on scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.