Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Best Anti-Fog Treatment?? >

Best Anti-Fog Treatment??

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best Anti-Fog Treatment??

Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default Best Anti-Fog Treatment??

It seems that all I remember from gun season was wiping fog and steam from Bino and scope lens. Anyone able to reccommend a product that works to eliminate this problem? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best Anti-Fog Treatment??

Hey, Jack. A buddy told me a couple of years ago to wipe my glasses with shaving cream to prevent them from fogging up. I never tried it to find out. I have no idea whether he's full of s#*t or whether it actually works. Might be interesting to see the replies to see if anyone else has heard of this.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Spike

There is a product called purple stuff that can be applied to scopes,binoculars and glasses. You just spray it on and wipe it off, works pretty well and is cost effective. The website is Thepurplestuff.com good luck
Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Rain x makes an anti-fog product for car glass, dont see why it wouldnt work for your scopes.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM

A while back I called Leupold technical supportand asked them the very same question because I hunt in very humid environments and had problems with my binocular lenses fogging up (on the outside)when I looked through them. They recommended a product called kleer-vu. It is an anti-fogging compound that won't harm the multi-coatings on optics. I have been using it for three years on all of my optics. Works great, but you have to re-apply it monthly for optimum performance. Order the small bottle....it will last you for years.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paulpskp

There is a product called purple stuff that can be applied to scopes,binoculars and glasses. You just spray it on and wipe it off, works pretty well and is cost effective. The website is Thepurplestuff.com good luck
That's the stuff I use,work's excelent...
Old 01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Spike

I just purchased some purple stuff on both your recommendation after reading this post!
Thanks...its just what I needed.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: City Slicker

I just purchased some purple stuff on both your recommendation after reading this post!
Thanks...its just what I needed.
One thing I forgot to add,use "VIVA" paper towels or a cotton cloth to wipe the glass,other paper towles will scratch the glass...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 PM

Kleer vu will work, we also used a product called Fog X

Probably the best thing to do is to keep your scopes in your car and not bring them into the house after a day of hunting.

Even if you had a mud porch where you could keep your rifle that was not heated would work.

I use a Bushnell 3200 with rain guard on two of my rifles and it is pretty good - against fog and blurred vision.

The other half of the equasion would be Butler Creek Scope caps.
You only open the caps when you want to see. If you keep them closed, it will keep the water off the lense and will help to keep the fog off the lense.

Here is the link for Fog X
http://www.reddenmarine.com/site/new-detail.cfm?id=BLCAF21212
Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Spit on the lens, Oh wait that's for scuba diving..

Quick Reply: Best Anti-Fog Treatment??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.