Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Best scope for the money >

Best scope for the money

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best scope for the money

Old 11-03-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Best scope for the money

If you could buy a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x50 or a Leoupold VX-III 3.5x10x50 for the same money which would you buy and why?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Best scope for the money

Zeiss to my eye is superior in clarity and brightness. I also like: 1 piece tube construction, constant eye relief, standard reticle(plus itched)and power adjustment of the zeiss better then the loopy. I own both scopes butprefer the conquestso they siton my main biggame hunting rifles.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Zeiss, better scope.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another good one is the Bushnell Elite 4200.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I always thought the Zeiss was better, and they are when on the same power. But the one thing I found with the Zeiss is if you are on 3 power and go to 9 then you have to re-adjust the focus to get a super clear picture. Where with the Loopy, if you focus it on one power, then it is focused for all the powers. I could of just been doing something wrong with the Zeiss...
Old 11-04-2007, 10:25 AM

I would use a Bushnell Elite 3200

I do not like the target knobs of the 4200 or the extra weight or expense.

Next would be a Swaroski AV series or PH series.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Zeiss to my eye is superior in clarity and brightness. I also like: 1 piece tube construction, constant eye relief, standard reticle(plus itched)and power adjustment of the zeiss better then the loopy.
x2

But the one thing I found with the Zeiss is if you are on 3 power and go to 9 then you have to re-adjust the focus to get a super clear picture.
I find that if I adjusted the focus at maximum magnification,it was good at all magnifications.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Zeiss to my eye is superior in clarity and brightness. I also like: 1 piece tube construction, constant eye relief, standard reticle(plus itched)and power adjustment of the zeiss better then the loopy.
x2

But the one thing I found with the Zeiss is if you are on 3 power and go to 9 then you have to re-adjust the focus to get a super clear picture.
I find that if I adjusted the focus at maximum magnification,it was good at all magnifications.
Yeah that seems right. I didn't try that, I couldn't see such a high quality scope being out of focus. When it was in focus, the Loopys didn't even come close to the Zeiss.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM

I'd buy a Nikon , and use the left over money for something else.... I've looked thru Leupolds and Zeiss and I own Nikons.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Spike

And if you like Nikons, try Scheels brand scopes. They ARE Nikons with Scheels name on them. Quality scope at a great savings over the name brand.

Quick Reply: Best scope for the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.