Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Sightron - Big Sky >

Sightron - Big Sky

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Sightron - Big Sky

Old 06-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sightron - Big Sky

Anyone seen or have one of these? Just wondering what your thoughts are. The folks at The Optic Zone store say that these are somewhat of a hot item now.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sightron - Bigsky

Here's a link to another forum about them

www.opticstalk.com/forum_post.asp?TID=6843&PN=1
Old 06-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

sightron's are suppose to be good scopes. comparable to Leupolds. i have never looked through one first hand though.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read reviews about them and they seemextremely impressive...
I have searched reviews about sightron, and people are saying this is one of the best scopes to buy...
For every reason...Holding zero, eye relief, clarity and brightness and price
And are back with probably the best costumer service in the industry..
The only thing I can't find anything about is weather or not its a one piece tube.(a scope that holds zeroand a 1 piece tubeare the 2 most important things to look for as far as I'm concerned)..
Forgetting the fact that it may leak,there is no point depending ona scope to hold up to recoil (or an accidental fal) when the threads determine the weakest point..
If its threaded too deep there may only be 1/16 of an inch or less of alluminum holding that scope tube/ eyepiece together.....
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

I just called Sightron's customer service and they said that the Big Sky series is a one piece scope, and is waterproof, shookproof, and fogproof.

I was looking into getting the Sll Big Sky 3-12x 42mm. I like the fact that is weighs only 13oz. Per the specs onSightron's website, the ocular lens looks like it's rather large.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are they seriously one piece......
Wow....Leupold better get their act together and go back to the one piece tube now...
Cause between Ziess Conquests, Bushnell Elites, and now Sightron their falling behind quickly.....
I went to ournew local sporting goods store it was their Grand Opening,and just wondered around talk to friends,to a couple of weeks ago anyways while I was there, (about an 1hr and a half)I noticed 6 Bushnell Elites and 2 Conquests were sold to zero Leupolds.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

I just ordered a Big Sky 3-12x 42mm scope from theopticszone.com. I'll let you all know what it's like next week. The salesperson there said they have sold alot of the Big Sky's lately, and have had no complaints.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:49 PM

The Big sky series just won the Best Buy on Outdoor Life's recent yearly new gear roundup. The testers said that the scope's reloution factor of equaled the top scope tested (the Leupold VX7). I think this issue is still on the newsstand but you can go to www.outdoorlife.com to check it out. sightron is a good company
Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sightron - Big Sky

Just got my new scope in. Got the Sightron SII Big Sky 3-12x 42MM. I have not taken it to the range, but so far it seems very nice.