Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Hi viz 0ptics >

Hi viz 0ptics

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Hi viz 0ptics

Old 04-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hi viz 0ptics

Has anybody heard anthing about their front sights? Looking to put one on the new ruger gp100. I read only two reveiws which weren't impressive. So anyimput iswelcomed thanx
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hi viz 0ptics

I have them on all my brownings shotguns. I have used truglo stuff before and they never seemed to last. I put a hiviz on my gold 3.5and love it. I have bought 2 citori's and both of them came with hiviz on them. All ofthe ones on my guns have metal frames to them and interchangeable light pipes/fiber optic piece. They have all held up well. I have had one on my gold for several years and have beat and banged it turkey hunting like you wouldn't believe and it has never given me one problem. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds reassurring. The two quick reveiws I read, said they had problems with the optic falling out of the siteafter a few rounds. So I called the company and asked them about their warrenty and there product. Of course there triing tosell, but with there warrenty I'm giving it a try. Should have it in a couple days. Then I'll put it through my own a stress test [8D].
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 PM

I have them on my Marlin 1894 (44 mag) a good upgrade from the iron sights for me. This is my brush/treestand rifle & has seen it's share of abuse, the sights are holding up well for me. Good luck !
Old 04-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I recieved my optic yesterday. It came with three colors 2 reds, 2 greens,one white and a carring case. The green for me is the best color. It almostlooks like there's alittle lightfor a sight. Looking forward to giving it a try. The install was extremely easy took just a couple mins and the result, I CAN SEE THE FRONT SIGHT WITH EASE!!!