Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Binos....

Old 03-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Spike

Default RE: Binos....

I have the Vortex Sidwinders 10 x 42. They changed the name to Diamondback. Thebrightness is unbeleaviable. I did a ton of research before I got these. I looked at a set of Monarchs side by side, the vortex are better. I would recomend these to anyone.

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I've been giving Vortex a good hard look.

Excellent prices for the quality of the optics.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are some great replies so far. Personally I would opt for either the Vortex Sidewinders or Nikon Monarchs. Both are superb glass at or under the $300 price point.

Price is going to dictate what suggestions you receive.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Vortex 8x42 Vipers. Excellent glass for the money.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Check out Carson Optics!

http://www.carson-optical.com/Light.html
Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 AM

I have said it before and I'll say it again, and again, and again... Glass is one of the areas that you get what you pay for; spend absolutely as much as you can afford and you'll never be left with a headache and sore eyes wishing that you had saved up a couple hundred more dollars for that better set of field glasses. I wouldn't spend less than $500 on a pair of binos that you're going to spend hours and even days of your life looking through. The best glass I've found for the money is Leupold. I'll put my old $900 Golden Rings up against ANY European glass at any price and if you need them serviced they don't spend months in the mail getting back and forth to Austria!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Agree...Optics you get what you pay for... Boils down to how much you use them and what your asking to get out them....I bought the Leica Ultivids 10 X 42 a few years back and dont regret a penny of it. Im an outfiter and have my bino'sall fall around my neck and abolutely love them. I also recommend buyingthem at Cabela's esp a over sea'sbrand... Cabela's may be alittle more costly than other places to buy from, but if you ever have a problem with it. Take them in and they'll exchange for a new pair right on the spot. No worries about shipping to Europe. My dad did this with his swarovski's, eye piece broke and no questions asked. Walked inand walked out with a new pair of swarovski's.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

I bought Bushnell Discoverer's this year and love them. They are about $400. I would consider trying the Vortex 8x42 Vipers, but I was not impressed when looking at them at the Deer and Turkey show.about $600. I have also looked through the big three and not seen significant improvements over my 7x50 Bushnells. I think $1500 binos are like wine. . .yopu kind of have to educate your taste buds! For spotting deer, my Bushnells or Nikon Monarch ATB's would do me fine.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

like i said before....Boils down to how much you use them and what your asking to get out them....they all work....i am in the high country alot and areas where you can glass along ways. i am a trophy hunter. combined with my binos and spotting scope. i can judge the animal before i decide to cross a valley or long distance so i know if its the animal i want or not. i also can say, in low light, the high end will "shine" over the rest.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Sightron S3 is a good bino for not toomuch money. Mine are 8x42 and they are light clear and have plenty of eye relief
Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Spike

I bought the nikon 10x42's last year to replace my bushnell legends and boy are the nikon's great! However, the only problem that ihave is that the eyecup (whatever it is) cracked i had it repaired and it cracked again. To me the eyecups seem a little plastic-ly (??) cheap.

ANyone have any the same problem or tips to cure the problem...i don't want to have to have them repair every 6 months

Quick Reply: Binos....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.