Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money! >

Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

A few weeks ago I posted here that I have a Simmons Aetec that went south on me, and I am going to replace it. Just for the principal of it I decided to try out their warranty service.
They have had the scope in their hands for 20 days now, with no response from Simmons. I have called several times, only to listen to some GOSH AWFUL music!
As I am writing this I finally spoke to a Human! I am told that they are in the process of moving from Ga. to Califonia and I should have a scope in about a week!
Even if I get 2 brand new replacements, I will not spend another penny on Meade/Simmons products! Speaking to a live person is next to impossible, and the music they play while you are on hold is obviously intended to get you to hang up! So the bottom line is, no matter what I get, it was not worth what I paid for it, and not worth the ten bucks shipping either!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Thats too bad...sorry you had such a problem with customer no service. I had an older Aetec that was o.k. but I wouldn't buy one on purpose (this one came with a rifle purchase). Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the heads up
Old 02-06-2007, 05:54 PM

Well, ya gotta figure that they have been having problems, since for the past few years they have not been able to put out the scopes that they have been advertising since what? 2002 or 2003. I haven't seen anyone witha new masters series Aetec to look at , and at this point I don't think I would ever look at one if they ever do get themproduced and out to dealers.

Oh well, the concept for the scope was a goodone while it lasted.

God bless.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Oh well, the concept for the scope was a goodone while it lasted.
Yep! Mine was an older model Aetec. It had good qualities as far as clarity and brightness and held a good zero, while it lasted! I am glad it did not cost me a wounded deer or a missed shot, I caught the problem before it cost me!
I was just going to trash it and upgrade but, I decided to see what their warranty was for 10 bucks S/H.
I promised to give everyone here the scoop on their service, and as I said, it pretty much stinks, even if I do end up getting a brand new scope!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 AM

The run around your getting is too bad. I have one simmons scope, and it is junk, so will never buy another one myself.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

I've had good luck with their scopes (pretty good quality) but have never had to test their warranty. If a company won't warranty their product, it is pretty much not worth it.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a Whitetail Classic POS a few years ago. In the bright daylight it was OK, but late in the afternoon it was virtually useless. I sold it to a guy for $25, and felt sorry for him.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I had a $50 unit I used for 4 years. Killed four elk, a couple of deer, and a couple of antelope with it. The fifth year it cost me an elk. Couldn't get it to stay true. A decent one or two season scope. Go high end from the start if you can afford it. If you can't, put the cheap one on and save your penneys to replace it ASAP.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 3x9 Simmons one time...I gave it away after it was warranteed! Cross hairs covered too much target to start with and the repair work was due to the cross hairs fell apart...maybe 20 rounds through rifle(8mm/06 imp.) Not a brutal recoil by any means,noting like a 300 mag.!

Quick Reply: Simmons Follow Up, Don't Waste Your Money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.