Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Best Binoculars? >

Best Binoculars?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best Binoculars?

Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Best Binoculars?

sorry it took so long to get to this post and to reply about the nikon's...i think they ar great however the dam eyecup broke twice so far and i only had them a year...fixed 1x and now i have to do it again...i think that the eyecups are just cheaply made...but otherwise they r great.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:42 PM

If you're looking for a good deal on some of the higher end optics, I've been very pleased dealing with Alex at www.eurooptic.com
He goes out of his way to help you and has great product knowledge. You can't go wrong buying from him.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Nikon Action zoom 10-22x50. They are very sweet. I can see things so clearly and for very, very long distances. Probably about 90% of the time, I never take the zoom power off of 10, but it is nice to know I have the extra power if I need it. These binocs don't cost a lot either...
Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 PM

I am very supprised that Vortex Optics has not been mentioned. Great Product at a great price.

I also belong to archerytalk.com and you can find all kinds of great information there.

Check out www.vortexoptics.com or www.jayhawkoptics.com and see what you are missing.

Ron
Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jayhawk_Vortex

I am very supprised that Vortex Optics has not been mentioned. Great Product at a great price.

I also belong to archerytalk.com and you can find all kinds of great information there.

Check out www.vortexoptics.com or www.jayhawkoptics.com and see what you are missing.

Ron
Mail me a pair of demo's..

Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

I second what gross144 said about the Nikon Monarchs. I've had a pair of 10x42 for about 2 years now. They are a wonderful binocular for the price. However, I broke right eye cup within the first year....got if fixed under warranty, no questions asked. Then the same eye broke again this winter when they fell off my front seat....it was around 0 degrees though so I attribute the temp. to be part of the cause for the second failure. Overall, I think they are a great bino though!
Old 05-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

A thread about the "best optics" and they start with Nikon Actions series... LOL!

They may seem like decent binos but they can't even begin to compare to actual high end glass from several major manufacturers!

You want to peer through the best then get your hands on some Swarovski ELs.... optical perfection!

Old 05-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL......IL -Cornfed....
I'm laughing really hard at this as well...
How a Nikon Monarch that breaks, can make the cut e (and get second nomo on the same thread)is beyond me...[]
I can care less how bright anything is, if its broken its useless..
Finding a bino that you can see through for extended lenghts of time isTHE most important thing.....
SHOCKPROOF WATERPROOF AND BRIGHTNESS FOLLOW.......
To do this you must schedual at least 1 full day and do nothing but look through bino's.....
Nobodies built the same, but one thing holds true, bino's cause eyefatigue, that lead to headaches to everyone,eventually,so pick something that suitsyou and your needs so it doesn'tan early return from the field......
Swaro's Leica and Zeiss are where I'd end.......
A good place to startwith fine reputations, (which would be the first place I'd start to look at,) would be the Pentax DCF SP's and B&L DISC....
Compare everything else(cheaper and higher these lines/models) to these bino's (I mentioned)....
And you'll see what I mean..
I consider them to be theBasic Standard thata quality bino's should be.
AND THE BEST BINO"S FOR YOUR DOLLAR....
Higher end models should be noticably better(often aren't), and lower end should be (will be)noticeably worse....
Ifall your doing is looking up to 150yrds stick with the 8X 30's/8x32.
Still give you a 4mm exit pupil, which is more than enough for hunting legallly...
You don't need anything bigger, and they are cheaper in price
which (if your on a budget) allows you to still get quality bino...

Old 06-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Fork Horn

Mine are Swarovski 10x42 SLC's, they are awsome at dusk or dawn. I dont think there is a better pair out there in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:31 PM

I would put my Pentax DCF-SP's up against anyones!! I hunted with guys who all oned swarovski's, and zeiss and could tell little tono difference between theirs and mine. I found just as much game as they did, and spent about half what they did for theirs. They were all flabergasted at how well they performed.You should chek them out for yourself. I own the 12.5X50's; and would reccomend a good tripod no matter what your purchace may be.

Enjoy

Quick Reply: Best Binoculars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.