Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski >

Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Old 01-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

ORIGINAL: Cryptic Gypsy

At least the biggest part of my money goes to an American family. You can keep on using your high class crap, and keep on giving your money to Z germans, I am glad your happy with it.
Don’t hold you Leupold products to high up on the pedestal there bud. I have a Sequoia spotting scope and it’s label says made in Korea. So keep supporting your American products, your doing a good job...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM

We use Leupold on all of our guns (about 15). We have never had a problem and we have downed plenty of animals.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 PM

I like single power scopes. Have a Leupold FXIII 6x42and a Ziess 6x42. Both are nearly new. Guess what folks,the Leupold is much better in low light than the Ziess which cost twice as much.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Cryptic Gypsy

Leupold. They might not be as clear as that german crap but you can go up the mountainand back down with no worries.
All American.
I do believe the Zeiss Conquest is assembled in the US.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:40 PM

i have a zeiss conquest 4-9*40 and i can sit longer than any one at camp and still see great scope for 399$
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 PM

Do your research on the Schmidt Bender. It's the best scope available hands down. I own two of them, a classic and a zenith. I own Zeiss, Swarovski, Leupold, and Nikons and the SB is definitely my favorite.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 AM

I just putthe swaro ph 30 4x16x50 with the TDS on my new rifle it is by far the best optik i have ever used. I have looked though just about every type of glass out there and cant find anything to compare.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:26 PM

I am a giant Leupold fan! Over the past 10 years I have hunted really hard and dropped rifles, fallen on them and dented one scope really badly and I am able to pick them up, Check the Zero and keep on hunting. They have been unfailing in my world of hunting out of horseback, treestand or by foot and have taken all of the abuse that I can throw at them. That being said, I only purchase the VX-III's and all of them are variable from 3 by 9 to 4.5 by 14 and almost all of them are 40mm or so. For the money spent, I do not believe you can find a better value and still get the kind of low-light admission that you will need!

Old 02-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: clint802

Do your research on the Schmidt Bender. It's the best scope available hands down. I own two of them, a classic and a zenith. I own Zeiss, Swarovski, Leupold, and Nikons and the SB is definitely my favorite.
i agree, they are probably the best, along with U.S. Optics. as far as this american made crap goes, who really cares, Japan makes Nightforce Optics and they are top notch high quality. Dont get me wrong, i love Leupolds but in all honesty, i think the best things are made over seas, Honda's, Sony, Yamaha, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Aimpoint, Swarvoski, IOR, Schmidt Bender.Also the best optics glass in the WORLD is made in germany used by IOR and schmidt Bender. If you really think about it there are few american companies that are "the top of theirproduct"
Old 02-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nightforce, S&B, are both great and expensive. I really like the Leupold VX-L, big objective, low mount!! It just depends on how much you want to spend. Anything over $1000, you probably couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Quick Reply: Leupold, Ziess, or Swavorski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.