Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Redfield Scopes >

Redfield Scopes

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Redfield Scopes

Old 10-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Redfield Scopes

Who here has tried the newer Redfield scopes. I used the old ones a lot and they were very good scopes. I have not tried any of the newer ones though any comments. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Default RE: Redfield Scopes

I have not had or used, but feedback from others, seems to be fairly positive.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
DM

Hey James,

In all the years i had my gunshop, there was one brand i had more problems with than all the others combined. On top of that, i always had a heck of a time getting warr. and service out of them, and it was Redfield. I just figured they went under because they had so many problems and poor service...

I was glad to hear they are back, and i hope they have a good product, because i think competition only ends up being better for the consumer...

DM
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Meade has bought out Redfield, Weaver and Simmons scope lines and that is their order of best to worst, problem is the quality is poor on all of them. The Redfield line is overpriced, a lot of better quality scopes can be had for their prices. The quality of Redfield and Weaver have suffered.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im still using an old redfield scope on my .308 Remington Pump, the kind that was still made with spider web. Talk about one hell of a scope.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks much for the replys. I still have an old 2x7 Tracker that just keeps working after thirty some years. I know they are not built the way they were then.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:38 PM

I have two both bought recently. I bought them in sportsmen guide. One for 175 the other for a Hundred

the 4 x 12 was 175 and is a 5 Star. Great Scope. Love it ...as nice as my Leopold VX-1.

the other is an 3 x 9 tracker. this one is just OK. I would not buy another one ...however for 100 bucks it performs....
Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM

opps forgot one more

a redfield widefield staight 4 x ,...bought this for $ 60 bucks. Great scope for a Muzzleloader or shotgun. Wish I bought a couple of them.. the widefieldis nice and pretty cheap. I would have no problem putting one on any of my deer rifles.

it does not compare to a Trijicon or VX111 but those are 400 to 600....
Old 10-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 90s era Redfield 2-10x. I love it I wish I could another one like it but they are gone.I can't remember how much I paid for it. It's about the same quality as my cheaper Leupolds. As for the new new ones I can't really speak to them.

I would try to find one like mine they are a really good scope if you can get one for under $200.

But considering you can get a Leupold Vari-XII for $299 I would just go with that. Leupold warranty and customer service is probably far better than Redfield and the quality probably is too.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Redfield Tracker 2-7 X 28 mm. It is about 5 years old and I thought I was getting a great deal when I paid $125.00 for it new. But unfortunately it isn't very bright (me either I guess for thinking I could get much for the price) and the eye relief is a bit close and quite critical and fuzzy. I intended to mount it on a lightweight 6.5 X 55 or on my favorite .243 but I can't in good concious munt it on anything like that. I might end up putting it on a squirrel gun that's opnly used in the broad daylight. Or I might dump it for whatever I can get for it. Haven't decided yet.

But i must admit, I used to own some Redfileds in the 60's that were excellent scopes.

Quick Reply: Redfield Scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.