Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Supporting the Troops

Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Supporting the Troops

I have been making a few calls to generate some support for the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
In the spirit of the season I would like you all to take a look at something special. Go to www.tradamerica.org
They are sending equipment to the troops. A small thing for many of us that have some stuff laying around collecting dust, but a real big thing for some fun during their free time for the soldiers.
Take a look, both at the site and in your garage or basement.
I KNOW just about all of us have some things we can give to those in harms way to protect us.
Let's show the troops that we support them.
Don't wait till later. Do it now!
ken watkins
Old 12-13-2004, 07:19 AM

Default RE: Supporting the Troops

Hi Ken
I think thats a good idea ,but will they except older compounds ?
I don't have a traditional bow or recurve.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:22 PM

Evening Folks,
My name is Bill Wooster, and I'm the "point man" for Operation TradAmerica. I'd like to let you know that we are indeed taking compounds for this project. We won't be sending a lot of them, but we will send any/all received. I have donated a few myself. In a nutshell, we are looking for all types of archery equipment. Old quivers, tabs, shoot gloves, bows, arrows.....you name it, we need it. We have some super "corporate" sponsors for this, but every little bit helps. We are working on Iraq and Afganistan already, and it looks like this will be expanding into Kosovo and Bosnia as well. This isn't a short term project, but rather a longterm one. As long as supplies keep getting donated, we will keep getting them into the hands of our troops in harm's way. As a news flash, today I talked with a Representative from Easton Archery...they have commited 120 dozen arrows to this project, and we are very excited to have Easton on board with this project.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me, or visit the website. Many thanks folks ! The shipping addy is below as well. The website is www.tradamerica.org and I have just updated some pics of the troops sent to me..I have eight pages of photos.
God Bless,
Bill "Thunder" Wooster
2626 Tische Road
Rock Creek, Ohio 44084
Old 07-01-2005, 01:25 PM

Great Project, let me know if you need any addresses.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM

Bob, I have posted the link on the TNUSA board and hope you will get assistance from there also, I hope the new guys at Cuervo have gotten good use out of the bow press and Renegades that got sent .
Old 10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM

i myself am an iraq war vet and just let me say a big thank you to all who are supporting this idea and the troops in general , there is no greater feeling when you are so far away than to know that someone back home supports what you are doing for them , thanks again hats off to you
Old 10-01-2007, 01:40 PM

Ken,

Great idea! I don't have anything to donate but will make some calls as to those that might. I am a Vietnam vet and I know what just the thought of support does for those overseas protecting our country.

Mike -
Old 09-06-2008, 11:21 PM

First I would like to thank everyone for their support of our soldiers over here in Iraq and deployed else where fighting for our great country. I am a US Army Combat Medic stationed in Iraq. I am just getting into achery again after 14 years and I think this is a great program. We really appreciate everyone at home showing support for us during a really difficult time in America. This is a very unpopular war and most people want to stay as far from this war as possible. So, again THANK YOU ALL..... SGT B