Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

what class?? info needed!!

Old 05-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what class?? info needed!!

I have decided that I want to shoot some tournaments.

I only consider myself a fair shot, but in my spring 3d league at Nelson Ledges I am some how in first place out of 24 shooters in my hunter class (35 yard max) with a 303 average on a 30 target spread. So I figure I mide as well go get humbled by some better shooters at the bigger shoots.

My questions are there are so many classes which is a good starter class. And what classes would my set up qualify for.

My set up is

Bowtech Extreme VFT
70# 29 inch DL and 400 grain gold tip's at 400 grains for 292 FPS
I have a trophy ridge 3 pin sight
a 10 inch GKF tranquilizer stabilizer and a modular stabilizer on the back
A trophy taker shakey hunter rest
simms cable guard dampners and limb savers
D loop kisser and peep
I use the Scott lil goose release.

Any info and suggestions would be appericiated. I really know nothing about IBO tournament shooting. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 AM

Default RE: what class?? info needed!!

The only thing I have a question on is the rear "Stabilizer" you mention. The hunter class (HC) is an obvious starting point, but it is only allowed a single stabilizer less than 12 " with the allowance for an additional "Vibration dampener" 2" or less. No weights, v-bars allowed with this dampener. Without seeing what you have I'm not sure of its legality, but in the worst case that would be the only change needed. (screw in points - right?)

The Hunter Class is a large class with several exceptional shooters at the top. It does fit with your equipment and experience. (35 yard max.)

Another possible choice would be MBR. No equipment changes, slightly smaller class, 45 yard max. The additional yardage acts as a little equalizer, but looking at your scrore average it appears you could handle the additional challenge.

I hope this helps, at least I reduced it to 2 choises. Which ever way you choose have fun.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Without seeing what you have I'm not sure of its legality, but in the worst case that would be the only change needed
Here is a pic. I took the NV dampers off a couple weeks ago though. I also changed the trap door out for a trophy taker.

Where can I find a list of events and locations?
Thanks for the info.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:48 AM

IBO schedule

Local 3D shoots