Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 What do we need to do to get more money? >

What do we need to do to get more money?

Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

What do we need to do to get more money?

Old 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM

Default RE: What do we need to do to get more money?

Easy long bow champ I will be at all the shoots ASA and IBO so I am not tring to start anything I am just an archer that likes to get somthing out of what I work so hard to be good at (not great). I am no Tiger Woods but I would like to see our sport grow to the level of golf or some other individual or team sport that more people could make a living at it. So I have no gripe about the shooters that shoot because they love the sport I think that is the best. I have won my share of money to but I started this thread so I could get some other peoples ideas on how we could get more. Thats all, so how much money do you make shooting your long bow anyway?

Tip
Old 04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paul

Something wrong (in your eyes) with shooting a longbow? Your attempt at sarcasm seems to suggest so.

Steve
Old 04-19-2004, 07:08 PM

No Steve I have a couple long bows of my own one i really love my brother in law made it for me it shoots like a dream killed several deer with it to. one long bow one recurve.I dont like when I start a thread to get positive feed back and i get hammered about what I say I have nothing against any type of archery its my favorite thing in the world and the peaple that get involved with it 99% of them are great people.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Paul - tough to read intent in this medium sometimes. Take care

Steve
Old 04-20-2004, 12:26 PM

It would be nice to win an archery tournament and get a check equal to one that a professional golf player would get, but I do not think that it is going to happen.

If someones has and ambition to make more money through shooting archery tournaments, then simply place a side bet with a willing competitor who has the same ambition. If you can't get any takers then you are not talking enough smack.

by pursuing a money making ambition as mentioned above:

IBO would not have to be involved.
Shoot fees would not have to increase.
Clubs or IBO would not have take a smaller piece of the shoot revenue pie.
Payout could be dictated by paticipants. (eg. winner take all)
those who love the sport for other reasons can continue to do so.
the amount you win or lose would be detemined by the amount you are willing to risk.

I must say that the above suggestion is one that I personally do not encourage or discourage, and I do not know if it would even be legal. I guess what I am trying to say with respect to all, is that you cannot expect to win thousands of dollars with a $37 entry fee.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:50 PM

Hi Milton,

Saw a picture of the buck Jason shot with your bow. Wish I could have made it to Missouri to hunt with you guys. Maybe next year.

Are you going to make it to all of the Triple crown shoots this year? If so, maybe Jason and I could hook up with you and shoot sometime.

Bill
Old 04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
BOS

Paul,
I don't see what the problem is. If you are up for higher entry fees all you have to do is enter in the Semi-Pro or Pro class and you will be set. JMHO
Old 04-21-2004, 11:47 AM

Bill,

I sent you an email. I will be hunting Turkey with Jason in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:04 PM

BOS I am up for that. My first full year shooting in a long time I want to do well in MBO first. Then I will set my goals a little higher one step at a time. I guess I will be a little more cautious in what I ask for in this forum in the future you guys are tough.

Tip
Old 04-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Spike

Go Pro, you want more, pay more. Don't hang out in the amateur classes where the guys who only want to improve their yardage estimation and shooting skills for hunting are. If you can't compete with the pros, then you don't deserve more money. If you're in it for the money pay up, don't expect the average guy to pay your ticket!!

Quick Reply: What do we need to do to get more money?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.