Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Need some IBO help

Old 04-11-2004, 07:19 AM

Default Need some IBO help

hi guys i am a new member to this forum. heres what i need help on.
im a moderator for Realtree.com . we want to have a big gathering sometime next year during the summer. it might be in Ohio

would the IBO or its members have any suggestions on where we could have such a big shoot . there could be over 50 people or maybe more .

what im looking for is a list of good 3-D courses in Ohio with lodging near by and maybe camping facilities .maybe somewhere near the Salt Fork / Cambridge area ?

Thanks for your help
Tony
Old 04-11-2004, 11:26 AM

Default RE: Need some IBO help

Why in Ohio? Why not try a more central location? Look at the success of Buckmasters. Try for a central location to cut down on drive times and I am sure that you will get a lot more response. IBO is doing a great job with it's Southern Triple Crown series and gaining members with all of their hard work. Their are many shooters in the south and north that would come to a cemtral location to shoot a big event like REaltree would host. I would for starters. What kind of event are you planning?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:23 PM

TARGET TONY, SEEMS LIKE TO ME THAT IF YOU ARE ONLY EXPECTING 50 PEOPLE THAT IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT BIG OF A DEAL. WHY ONLY 50? WILL THIS BE AN INVITATION ONLY EVENT, AND IF NOT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO SHOOT--AS IN PREREGISTRATION, MEMBERSHIPS, ETC. I CAN THINK OF A FEW PLACES TO HOLD A SHOOT OF THIS SIZE AND EVEN LARGER, BUT THE ONLY ONE I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW IS CLINTON COUNTY FARMERS WHICH IS CLOSE TO CINCI AND COLUMBUS AND DAYTON SO LODGING WOULD BE NO PROBLEM. HOW DO WE FIND OUT ABOUT THIS SHOOT. THANKS AND HOPE THIS HELPS. BUTCHB.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:17 PM

Hi Tony,

Maybe I can help.....call me. 937-663-4946 [email protected]

Curtis Locker II
IBO State Rep. / Ohio
Old 04-12-2004, 03:40 AM

Sounds like the Guernsey County Sportsmans club may be the place your looking for .
They have a 35 target 3D course .
They shoot once a month and 50 shooters would be a very low turnout .
The range is around 15 miles west of Cambridge .
I dont know if they can help you out or not , but the contact number is 740 - 874 - 5058 after 4:30 .
Hope that helps .
Scott
Old 04-15-2004, 01:55 PM

sorry guys i should have explained this a little better. its not going to be a Realtree event. its just a bunch of us from the Realtree website that want to get together and meet for fun and fellowship.2 years ago we all went on a hog hunt together and we had a blast . there was only 17 of us but i have never had so much fun in my life .

Ohio seems to be the place for the members that are going to come to be the most central location for us.
if we wanted to shoot a 3-D i guess we would have to plan a metting around the time of the month for there shoots.

Thanks for the info and see you on the shooting line.

Shoot Strong
Tony
Old 04-17-2004, 08:30 AM

Sherwood archery, Steubenville Ohio, Excellent outdoor 3D course,( IBO Qualifier Course) new field course opening up this summer, Large indoor range for spot shooting, or 3D mini's. 10 minutes form the nearest hotel.