Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Loops or not?

Old 03-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Loops or not?

I shot the loop fof a few years during the mid 90s. I then moved back to a single nocking point by truball, and don't see any reason to change.

I don't get to any of the big shoots any more. ASA used to have a list of all the shooters, and all their gear, but I can't find it. I don't get 3D times any more, and haven't seen any new 3D videos. None of the magazines give serious coverage to 3D gear any more. In short I have absolutely no idea what kind of gear top pros are shooting.

For any of you who still shoot at that level, or around those who do, what is the most comon nock/release set-up for top pros? What are the most comon releases?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Loops or not?

C'mon Big Boys - Fess Up and let the little guy know what is working...
Old 03-10-2004, 09:07 PM

ossage, i havent seen one of those balls in years....probably 95% of all shooters are now shooting with a string loop. fall away rests are the new rage. cant speak for the pro shooters as i am an amature...
Old 03-11-2004, 12:55 AM

Thanks a lot.

I don't shoot the ball, I shoot a nock point, it happens to screw on. Tom Crowe shot the Tru ball ball for several years, and apparently tore it up winning money and major ASA, IBO, and other titles, but he was the only guy I know of who did.

Loops are all over the net and the magazines, that tends to influence the average guy. I was just wondering what the experts are using. It's an interesting piece of gear, since basicaly there aren't any sponsors dollars in it.

Whenever I've shot a back tension t handle release I've used a release rope, not the tie on loop, myself. T-handles are all the rage, and I wonder what nocking systems folks are using.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:22 AM

I did get one top pro to comment. He said that he figured most pros shoot some kind of a loop. If for no other reason than that the serving wear is down. He says he gets better than a year out of each string and serving combo.

This also explained my finding that there wan't much need for it. I shoot a lot, but I sure don't put the wear on a bow a top pro would, and I don't shoot much in the winter. So wear isn't a big deal.