Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Winternationals: How did we do? >

Winternationals: How did we do?

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Winternationals: How did we do?

Old 02-11-2004, 08:18 AM

Default Winternationals: How did we do?

We would like any input from any one that went to Winter Nationals.

Even though we are not scheduled to host it next year, we would like to know what you liked, disliked, think that we could improve upon, what may not be needed,etc. At some time in the (near) future we will be hosting it again and want to improve upon it.

What did you think of the ranges? the target setup? the facilities? the transportation? the food? the entertainment? anything else.......

Ken and Gene, what is your take on how we did?
At least we did try to give you extra entertainment that you have not gotten at any other national event, ie: cattle stampede, range fire, unattended 5 year old........

Thank you!
Mark
Old 02-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Winternationals: How did we do?

Mark.

My only complaint was that some idiot forgot to turn the A/C off

Apart from that the ranges where great.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:10 AM

Good post. S
Old 02-15-2004, 09:13 PM

Only two thing could have made it a better shoot. Warmer weather and more shooters. The ranges I shot were well thought out and a challenge for the first shoot of the year. It would have been nice to have a boat handy to retrieve arrows shot into the cattle pond. The people were all friendly and went out of their way to make it a good shoot. Thanks.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:19 AM

Was just wondering why hardly anybody goes to this shoot ? Looks like the vast majority of people are from Texas and Ok. Then most don't go to another big shoot all year. Some of the classes I looked at had fewer people than an average weekend club shoot. What gives ?? It would be nice to win a major event of some type but would also be nice to say you beat a fair number of others. Kind of like here in Pa, last year the ASA and IBO state shoots were on the same weekend and bad weather forced shooters to choose one or the other on Sunday. Yes, I won my class, but alot of my usual competition were at the other shoot so who did I really beat ? This year they are on 2 different dates and if I don't win atleast I got beat by the best.