Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Easton Fat Boy's

Old 01-19-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Easton Fat Boy's

Has anyone been shooting these shafts yet? I want to switch to them, need information, I currently shoot a ACC-328 at 27 1/4 inches long, dura vanes 1.8 hyper speed points 70 grain. Total arrow weight is 315 grains getting 292 feet out of my '03 Hoyt Ultra-Tech at 5 grains per pound. Easton chart recommends the 400 shaft, I always feel that Easton recommends heavier shafts(AMO). Also my girlfriend is shooting ACC 3L-04 at 26 1/4 long same vanes and point weighing 285 grains 280 feet out of her Mathews Ultra II at 5 grains per pound any suggestions.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:34 PM

Default RE: Easton Fat Boy's

hey buddy, glad you are participating on the forums.....glad to have another voice/opinion aboard.....

havent laid eyes on the new arrows yet, but am quite certain if they say easton on the side they will work well, just not sure how they will shoot out of a left handed hoyt[8D]

my experience with the fat arrows has been on calm days they are great, in the wind a little iffy. i have tried them all, and as you well know, i always end up with acc's. they are far more durable than an all carbon arrow, but they will bend. dont have to worry about splitting out the ends of the acc. either a robin hood or a bushing replacement...
Old 01-20-2004, 04:14 PM

hey keith ole' buddy, shooting with you I don't have to worry about robin hooded arrows!!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

AIM SMALL
SHOOT SMALL
MISS SMALL
Old 01-28-2004, 06:14 PM

hey bartman, remember us? we were the guys at erie you were shooting with when you took the mud bath.....i think we talked about the fat arrows then. have you heard anything about the fat boys? not me and rudy, the arrows.........
Old 02-06-2004, 07:13 AM

mud bath he he he. keith the fatboy's weigh about 8 gr. per inch kinda heavy. bart stay up i got a doller on ya.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:49 AM

Hey 3-D Buds!

Haven't shot the Fat Boys yet and probably not going to. My wife and I are currently shooting CXL 150's. They have proved to be an extremely good arrow. Keith mentioned about down range wind and an ACC or ACE is pretty hard to beat, but so is a CXL for line cutters (especially with 140 grains of weight in front of it). Currently I am shoot a 125 grain tip, plus insert @ 62 lbs. at 285. That's tough to beat. The wife shoots 100 grain tips, 25 1/2" draw @ 52 lbs. at 277 out of her Darton. This has proved to be an excellent arrow for shorter draw lengths. By comparing on a chart, the Fat Boys appear not to have very good tolerance. The worse part about CXL's is that they are made in Korea. But I also heard Easton is farming out their arrows to a foreign country. It's tough to buy "made in the USA" any more. Let me know if you try these arrows (Meador and NYS Rep). They are a little cheaper than CXL's. Hey Rudy & nwb, shoot good on Saturday!!
Old 02-09-2004, 06:08 PM

Mr. Meador / PA Buckhunter;
Have decided to stay will my 3-28's can't be beat if you aim them in the center, most dependable shaft that I have shot, besides still have 18 shafts that are almost brand new, just keep refletching them, and change nocks using the Bohning x-vanes this year with the Quantum XT glue still haven't got my fingers unglued yet, good thing didn't need to use the bathroom? use to use fletch tite glue had time to react to that not the new stuff!!!Anyway PA buckhunter I shot 9up Saturday night, the princess, she shot 7 down with a five. Shoot um straight, like bartman says aim small hit small it works.
Rudy
Old 02-10-2004, 03:37 PM

Nys rep, You and nb keep shooting down the middle! Your both doing great!! I shot 304 Sunday, but I had a really bad nite wed.. Anyways, we will stick with our arrows too. I'm not much for change when it comes to arrows. If we get some ''fat boys'' in our shop, I will pass the stats. on. Does anybody know who is making carbon shafts for EASTON ? Like I said, it's tough to find "made in the USA'' Hey Meader, your a good bartender, even in a flooded garage!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:15 PM

hey there pa buck hunter, if your going to be neck deep in something, you may as well enjoy it. us ky boys know how to whoop it up, a little snowshoe thunderstorm aint gunna slow us down none.......[>:]

Quick Reply: Easton Fat Boy's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.