Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MORE BULL FROM THE TOP

Old 09-17-2003, 08:37 PM

Default RE: MORE BULL FROM THE TOP

I don' t think it was what was said , just the way it was said .

Just my thoughts,

Bill Leslie
Old 09-17-2003, 08:50 PM
ej

At the present time there are 13 directors, 1 sec./treas., 2v.p., and the pres. except for the 3 office staff the only paid position is president. what everyone forgets is it is a volunteer org. if serious about being involved there is the state reps which are always needed for the board send a resume probably the most important thing is to remember whatever level it is as a volunteer
Old 09-17-2003, 09:08 PM

ej,

Here is the same old thing all over again.
First of all the BOD of which I believe you are a member may be responsible for making many of the decisions but they very often come out as I made the decision which should never be the case, it should always be the BOD decision.

The Answers given regarding this issue do not jell in my opinion. Somewhere there has been a loss of memory on the part of your replys. You have stated that you do not support the school in question. In another reply the philoshpy was one of the reasons given. If these things are questionable why did the person in question have a boothe at the World Championship at Snowshoe, and why did he also hold two shooting seminars as scheduled by the IBO or responsible person for accepting the applicaations or such. There was no boothe that I noticed at the IBO World that was devoted to the IBO shooters school nor was there any mention of free seminars by the IBO Coach. If I missed these things I stand corrected. A business or individual that supports the IBO by paying a fee that goes to our cause should have some respect when a club or member of a club wants to post the information on the Forum that such a service will be offered. This was not an effort by the Person running the school and he was traveling to their club which localizes the whole thing. If his methods or philosphy is that much different than what we feel is correct than we should ban him from all events as well.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

butchb, if you were there, you must have heard the guy who was screaming and yelling. Maybe that had something to do with Ken leaving. Discussion is one thing. Discussion cannot be carried out when someone is screaming, and not listening.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:23 PM
ej

it has been on here before that I am on the board, just because a vendor pays a fee to the host club does not mean they support your org. it means they want to be there to sell their goods because that is how they make their living and that is where the shooters are. So yes we should support our sponsors but I looked on the list and the person you refer to is not there. We do not tell at this point a host who they can have there and who not. We do not have a problem with anyone involved with the sport being there who the shooters deal with is up to them.Had you checked around Tim was also there in his booth because he reps also, by the way that company is a sponsor of your org. next time your at a shoot talk to both of them ask their coaching style and if they can give you the names of people they have coached you might recognize. We feel we have chosen the one that not only supports us but is best for our orginization. This is the IBO web page should we not support the official IBO coach.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:14 AM

Ej: Support the IBO coaches,yes. Restrict information shared about other coaches in other area' s, NO. Tim Can not coach or give classes to the entire IBO membership it is physicaly impossible.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:02 PM

I will have to agree with you Archeryxpert. I understand how you feel towards Ken and there are a lot of people out there that feel the same way you do and I am one of them. I don' t believe they should have deleted your post just because you were not holding there shooters school. In fact I believe that this is very self-centered on Ken' s part. In fact that is what is wrong with the sport of archery today. Everybody is out for only themselves. So to all the archer' s and Ibo board of directers, try promoting the sport of archery instead of being greedy all the damn time. Work together instead of fighting each other and archery might grow a little bit instead of dying out. It should not matter which organization you belong to, we are all archers and we should work together for the good of the sport.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:22 PM

ej,

Your did not check very far or at least you are not looking for the right info. The person was the person that is scheduled for the school and I did read the post before it was deleted. I don' t belong to any other organization that supports the person in question. The company in question is listed on page 10, and if I must I will give you the name on this forum. Listed on page 9 is a listing for the Seminars.
This business was the only person that was advertising a shooters school on the Mountain and regardless of your opinion on his abilities, it is strictly your opinion. Tim Strictland is a fine coach and I have been to 2 other seminars that he has conducted. I will not comment on my impression of his ability to coach or conduct a seminar as it would be just that, my opinion.

The club that is scheduling the school may have never heard of Tim Strickland or maybe they were just reacting to the information that they had received from the other school. I think that a presentation along with the rejection of the thread would have went much farther than the response that started this whole subject. Maybe a little more effort in promoting the IBO school could have created interest in many other places and avoided this whole issue.

As a IBO web page your support of the Coach is expected and it is also expected that you treat each member with respect and an answer that explains your position and reasoning if it is different than the subject at hand.
Old 09-22-2003, 04:13 PM

Maybe Ken walked away because he was a smart man!! butchb

I agree with pdq5oH, maybe the crowd was getting a little more than being uneasy, and Ken sensed that there is no reasoning with the unreasonable. Sometimes it takes more of a man to turn his back , then to offer his cheek!!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:12 PM

One thing that bothers me about the IBO school is that I haven' t seen any reviews of the school. The NFAA school has quite a few tetimonials. Well I signed up for an upcoming IBO school anyway (the shop owner is a friend). I' ll post if I spent my money in the right place or should have thrown it at wine, women and song.

Quick Reply: MORE BULL FROM THE TOP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.