Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Finger shooting question

Old 08-26-2003, 06:00 AM
WBS

Default Finger shooting question

Hello,
Wanted some info. from any of you that shoot with fingers. I am wanting to switch from a release to fingers and was wondering which rest you guys would recommend.
Thanks,
WBS
Old 08-26-2003, 06:02 AM

Default RE: Finger shooting question

Go with the Golden Key shooting star or if you want a drop away you can go with the cavalier with the side pressure attatchment.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:16 AM

The NAP FlipperRest is very popular with finger shooters. It' s particularly good for hunting, since it' s extremely hard to tear up, wear out, or hurt in any way during rough usage, and it won' t get knocked out of adjustment. Very economical, too at about twenty bucks. I' ve used this rest nearly all the time or several years, for everything, including indoor spots and 3D. In the few experiments I' ve done with other rest types so far, I haven' t found any others that gave a noticable improvement in accuracy. I shoot well enough to win my share locally and about mid-pack so far at the Triple Crown and World events, so I can vouch for the rest being good for that level of accuracy at least.

I have a friend who shoots a rest he converted from conventional prong type to dropaway, and he does quite well with no side pressure device, but he' s shot a lot of archery over the years and has a very good release with fingers. I shot a Mathews LX belonging to another friend, who shoots a release, yesterday. It was surprising in that there was NO lateral spread to my five arrows. If they hadn' t been spread somewhat vertically, I' d have needed three or four new nocks! I' ll probably be experimenting with dropaways myself this winter after seeing that! Might have been a fluke, only had time for five shots.

So, I' d say, you can' t go wrong getting the NAP Flipper to get going with at least, then maybe experiment with others down the line after your fingers are broken in and used to doing the releasing.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:21 PM

Check out Bodoodle. Great products.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:31 AM

Simple

The Bo Doodle 500 Pro...... has vernier setting adjustments, perfect for shooting fingers.

check it out : http://www.bodoodle.net/Pro-500.html
Old 08-27-2003, 01:31 PM

I have shot a Barner for the last 13 years awesome rest Now owned By neet Archery. It is a drop away that also provides side pressure.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:43 AM
WBS

Thanks for all the suggestions I am going to check them all out.
WBS
Old 08-29-2003, 06:08 PM

All the rests mentioned above are good choices, i' ve found the golden key superstar to be the most forgiving for me. Good luck and let us know what you end up shooting.