Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO >

Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO

Old 08-18-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO

Start the shoot on Thursday and have the extra day day to use for inclement weather. If all went well on Thursday and Friday why not start the shoot offs at noon on Saturday if weather permitted. I' m sure that the shooters would rather start at high noon rather than 8 o' clock.

Set the ranges lower on the mountain away from the fog. Use the area around the lake better and make the Senior Ranges easier to traverse.

Set more ranges so that if there needed to be a weather delay there could still be enough daylight to get the shooting done. Set a MBO and HC stake on some of the lesser used ranges if more ranges are not feasable.

Reserve the Golf Course for Sunday shoot offs. There is plenty of room down there and the weather is certainly more predictable. There would only need to be a couple of ranges set. Use multiple stakes like we do at local shoots. The golf course would be available again by noon??

Have Snow Shoe buy into this!! Who makes the most money?
Reduce the extra nights stay to make the 4 nights affordable. As I see it Snow Shoe still would have the same amount of people stay and spend the same amount of money.

As far as moving the shoot entireley well.......... I don' t think that there will ever be a place as convenient as Snow Shoe. WE MUST BE BETTER PREPARED!!!
PLAN FOR THE WEATHER CONDITIONS TO CHANGE AND IT WILL WORK!

DON' T PLAN AND SNOW SHOE WILL HISTORY!!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO

Some Ideas to Stew on... Move the shoot down the mountain and still hold the Best of the Best, Eagle Eye, FBH, Practice Bails, and McKenzie Shoot Out on top of the mountain (Skidder Slope). OK then have snowshoe (if they want to keep this shoot they should respond willingly) HAVE MORE BUSES! to shuttle every one down the Mountain to the ranges. And since moving the ranges down the mountain will help. You can move the Defense Ranges on top to create a little more room for the ranges. Snowshoe has plenty of room down the mountain for the ranges to hold this shoot. Then last but not totally least important, HAVE MORE RANGES!!! If you have more ranges then if there is a problem that delays the shoot then you will have flexibility to set up a 1:00 pm start and still finish. I am not as pissed as some of the folks on here because I suck at these shoots but I like 90% of the others who never make it to Sunday do like to come up there and fling arrows. I also like to get my moneys worth!!! I was mostly dissapointed in the unpreparedness of the IBO officials...
Old 08-19-2003, 11:30 AM
K_N

They could put 35 yards and under shooters on the higher ranges and give us the earlier start times. That would help with fog issues.

Old 08-19-2003, 12:10 PM

Has anyone checked out the increase for a nights stay at Snowshoe for next year. Seems that they are sticking it to us in that way to. Maybe we all need to stay home next year to get our point across.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:58 PM

dont care how much they raise it, i' m going bear hunting next august and skipping the yearly ibo screwing.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:07 PM

Before this gets out of hand, I already talked to the person at Snowshoe who is in charge of Marketing and the one I work with about the rumor of a room rate increase because we DO have an agreement that there will be NO increase and she told me that there is NO INCREASE.
If anyone was told that the SAME accomodations that you stayed at this year would be increased you were told the wrong information. Please feel free to call me with this problem. If you upgraded to a different (say larger) condo, you may see a increase for the upgrade, but not the same condo you stayed in.
Again, call me if you have been told this.
Judy
Old 08-19-2003, 02:15 PM

Judy4,

I hope you guys made it through the weekend alright. It a shame that things got so ugly. Hang in there not everyone is against you.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:24 PM

Bill,
Thanks for the kind words, my heart is kinda broken right now.
Judy
Old 08-19-2003, 02:30 PM

This was my second year at Snowshoe, and likely my last. Tried to camp last year and spent half my time trying to park somewhere on the mountain. This time split a room with a couple friends and ended up sleeping in the back of the van in the parking lot the first night because the room was so stuffy.

I did enjoy many aspects of the experience. The personnel were all friendly and very pleasant. The food was good, if a little pricy. Really enjoyed meeting and shooting with people from other parts.

But two hard hours of twisty roads from the nearest interstate, and terrain that was unfriendly to the point of injuring several people, plus notoriously bad weather and course terrain that made the weather so critical, just all combine to make me more likely to do something else next year at that time.

I can' t fault the " red alert" call, but there was some confusion that shouldn' t have occurred regarding the information going out that everything would be under a one-hour delay, then finding that some courses weren' t. I expect that sort of thing is something that the officials can evaluate and improve, but the slopes will still be just as steep and slick, the fog just as thick, and the summer weather just as tricky next year. And the rooms will be just as stuffy, with no way to move air through many of them. I reckon I can find something else to do next year that weekend.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:08 PM
ej

some of the suggestions that have come up on here have already been discussed and will be considerd more this weekend there will be a meeting with Snowshoe in about a month. As far as the golf course it could happen there, Monday the top was great the bottom at 8:00 was not, if red alert is called and the sun is shining on the bottom it would still be stopped. Red alert does not mean lightning has been seen it is the conditions are right for it to happen and when it does sometimes it comes in so fast that if you wait it is to late to do anything. Saturday there was no lightning seen during the day but there were high readings of static electricity, by afternoon it cleared and it was decided to let the kids events go on but to late to start any ranges because people would be on them in the dark. No one wants to put that much time and work into a shoot like that just to stop, no one person makes that decision and no matter what comes of this the IBO board and the people of Snowshoe will do what is best for the safety of the shooters first because it is easier to deal with the ridicule and abuse then knowing someone was hurt because you should have done something but did not.

Quick Reply: Snow Shoe Suggestions for IBO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.