Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Where' s ken

Old 08-18-2003, 10:25 AM

Default Where' s ken

where is ken' s responce? i know he was at snowshoe, but he has had 2 days to post his reasoning? with something that affected so many people he should have
posted right away. i know that WV is a little far from cleveland but the internet is available even there. the communications between the ibo and its members was disgracefull to say the least. snowshoe has it own tv channel and was posting that the ranges for saturday were closed. so ken could have just as easily gone on there and told us how and why!! instead we got stories passed from one shooter to another and no one knows what really went on behind closed doors..
come on bowpro we are all waiting!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:28 AM

Default RE: Where' s ken

i am sure with a little patience ken will respond to all who are posting. i was there and very disappointed as well. i missed the cut by a couple of points, and had an easier range to shoot on saturday. i am very sure i could have shot well enough to shoot down on sunday.

i have many thoughts in my head. as with many, anger, disappointment, disbelief, and frustration. i personally would have hated to be the one to say " go ahead and shoot" on saturday morning and have a single person hurt on that mountain. i know that ken is in a highly visable situation. i am quite sure he acted with the best intentions for all involved. i paid a 60.00 entry fee to shoot there, it was worth the $30 donation to see everyone safe. they planned for the worst, and got the best. i wish i had those odds at vegas. in reality the ibo was lucky, as were the shooters who did not get injured.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:16 PM

Keith ,
I was 2 points from the cut also . I shot a 194 on R and a guy I was shooting with made it with a 196 on R .
It' s too bad we couldn' t have shot Saturday , but I feel worse that I couln' t come up with 2 more points on Friday .
This was a family vacation for me , and my wife and children had a great time . It' s too bad the weather is so unpredictable at Snowshoe as it' s a great spot to take the family .
Scott
Old 08-18-2003, 01:24 PM

the problem is ken is not respecting the people who spent their time and money to
participate in this shoot. all i have heard is hearsay. ken has had ample time and opportunity to explain what happened on saturday. the faster people know what is going on the more likely the will accept the results, keep us ignorant and tempers prevail. channel 6 on snowshoe' s cable system is their own channel. they were able to tell us that the shoot was called of for saturday. but there was no details as to what was to come. in this day and age it is a shame to not communicate better. ken has had 2 days to post on his own forum and let us know what happened and why it happened. yet tempers still prevail because he doesnt communicate with us. i understand he may be busy but this orginization is waiting to hear from " THE MAN" .
Old 08-18-2003, 01:47 PM

i saw it all , all we needed was jerry springer if there was a code red why did
the rest of the mountain keep running. why didnt andy and barney stop all
the activities, whats the deal,just two hours later we had the best day of the
weekend. if its true that snowshoe called it off we need to look hard at what we
call the IBO world championship. what ever happened it was called to fast.
people travled and spent thousands of dollars and should be treated better.
this is the second time we have had weather related problems there, and it was handled poorly both times.........oh well.oh yea i didnt like the way security
came charging in , all they did was make it worse.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:29 PM

heres how i see it.
first do something to piss off the wife, then disappear for 2 days with no explaination of why you did what you did. what do you think will be awaiting you when you get home?
but it' s ok for ken to do as he pleases without answering to anyone?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:54 AM

Deviator98, You need to give Ken a little time. It usualy takes a couple of days to pack up and get home form a national. They don' t take computers with them so they can' t respond on the road. The IBO has to " clean up" every loose end before they get to go home unlike the shooters. He will respond when he gets home. Brian
Old 08-19-2003, 02:05 PM

i dont buy it, there is no excuse for his slow communication on a situation like this.
i am sure snowshoe has computers, and would bet that he has been on to check his e-mail. he' s avoiding us hoping cooler heads will prevail.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

TTT
Old 08-21-2003, 09:09 AM

Having a few days to reflect on all this. The blame is the weather. I watched the weather channel at the Inn at the bottom of the mountain. The lightning strikes were closing in. The inn closed the swimming pool because of the warnings. I drove up the mountain to shoot and the fog and rain was terrible. To me risking falling and being miserable wasn' t worth it. I wouldnt have shot anyway. I feel for the guys in the running, but hind sight is twenty/ twenty. Ken Watkins did not act alone, and while everyone did not agree with the final outcome, the weather is still the blame. Let us not forget the boy at Bedford who is still suffering. The IBO is might act a little hasty now, but better than too late. For me as long as I have my health, there is always next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.