Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Short Yardage

Old 06-20-2003, 08:48 PM

Default Short Yardage

I don' t know about the rest of you but I think the IBO is getting soft .I think it is pretty bad when the local shoots are hard then the National Shoots.I love this sport Especially when you x(11) a 45+ yard target.I thought that I was on a Hunter coarse at Erie when it should have been MBO.I didn' t clean it but I only dropped 1 point on Sat and I am not a great shooter by no means.I just hope that the IBO is not trying to get the scores up.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Short Yardage

I think it is better to have a shoot that most folks can go home with all their arrows . Make it fun for the masses and more people will come back .
The best shooter will still win and the worst shooter will have fun . Make it alot tougher and you will think your at a local shoot from the turnout .
Just out of curiosity how did you finish that " soft" shoot out of a possible 440 ?
Scott
Old 06-21-2003, 06:01 AM

I think the eleven ring brought the shorter yardages. That' s okay in the pin classes where the eleven and ten rings can' t, be seen at 30 yards, but the scope classes might want longer yardages than you are getting? I shoot the HC because it is hunter equipment. I haven' t noticed a real difference. The IBO wants people to move up to MBR. Make it a hunting class and equipment, change the yardage to 40 max and make anyone who wins once in the hunter class move up for good.The IBO has to look at what is making the HC so appealing and change MBR to less intimidating, if the IBO wants to make the HC a true entry level class. MY opinion only, and not ment to offend anyone. I love to shoot and will do what ever the IBO wants, but it could be better.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:31 AM
eb

In the mbr class,Bedford may have had short yardages,but Erie certainly didn' t.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:31 PM

long range,,,,,,,,,dont make a tough shoot, a wide variety yardage, take away
the groung, uphill,,,,,,,,changing light it all adds up why go shoot from 38 to
48 lets use it all i think the IBO at bedford and erie have done a fine job
soft i dont think so. keep up the good work guys and thanks...............
Old 06-24-2003, 07:14 AM

Nelsonville is coming!!!![>:][>:][>:]

ken12
Old 06-24-2003, 10:13 AM

Let' s look at what IBO is trying to do! Every one should be able to have some level of shooting. We must remember that not all of us are shooting in the Pro class. IBO must try to get every one that wants to shoot to be able to enjoy shooting and come back!!
Old 06-24-2003, 01:07 PM

silent string thats true,,,,,,,,, but every now and then we need to air one out.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:16 PM

That' s good!! Stick bow shooters always want to air one out!!
Old 06-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

You guys should have shot at the Garden State Archery shoot this past weekend. There was only one target at 25 yds, the rest ranged from the mid 30s out to 50 with the majority in the 42 - 47 range.

The tree cover was thick, and the day was overcast so the distances were sometimes pretty difficult to pick out.

Quick Reply: Short Yardage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.