Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

How' d it go?

Old 05-21-2003, 01:32 PM

Default How' d it go?

You all have a good time.
Enjoy the ranges?
How much use did you get out of those fancy range chairs?
Who had the most chiggers? Ticks?
Ranges to tough? Too easy?
Anyone there? Hello?
ken12
Old 05-21-2003, 02:26 PM

Default RE: How' d it go?

I' ll be first to chime in on this one. The ranges were wide open in my experience. We shot thirty on Friday before 1:00.

It seemed that numbers were way down, but maybe not. I did notice that there were only 400 in the open.

Old 05-21-2003, 05:28 PM

Hi ken,,,,,,,,,,,no ticks no chiggers,,,,,,, had a lot of fun.
the ranges were great good job as always. I shot it all on friday
and just breezed thru. althow,some of the targets were set a little
to far left or right..........sorry old joke C-ya thanks,,,,,,,,Phil
Old 05-21-2003, 06:38 PM

Shooter numbers were up about 20.
I am dissappointed that we lost almost all registration for Saturday. The weather forecast killed it. We usually have 300-500 register Sat.
Got 12!
The reason it seemed fewer shooters probably had to do with almost 600 finished Friday. Along with that the pros and semi pros were on their own range at White River Club grounds.
Good thing is that there were no grocery lines on the ranges. Had a few guys upset that they did not have the chance to see shoters at the targets. Sorry!
MBO was up from last year and so was MBR. I suppose that has to do with the money that is not in hunter classes.
Looks like the shooters are slow-l-ly getting back to the level they want for the reward that they hope for.
ken12

The new IBO... No Lines.... No waiting.(IHOPEIHOPEIHOPEIHOPE)
Old 05-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-21-2003, 07:57 PM

I had to work that nice Friday and shot all 40 on Saturday . I got soaked on the first 20 but it cleared up for the 2nd 20 .
I thought MBO was set well for the first shoot . Only complaint was $275 for 2 nights in a super 8 , I' ve stayed at Hyatts cheaper than that .
Getting ready for Erie and another great shoot .
Scott
Old 05-21-2003, 09:20 PM

ken as director of weather for the ibo, i thought you did an outstanding job of keeping me out of the rain. your direct link to the weather channel in our hotel room kept us dry. shot 20 friday and 20 saturday and had NO backups whatsoever, so to you and those that assisted you in setting the additional ranges, HATS OFF to you......i know it is a huge undertaking to put on a local shoot, and can only imagine the pains putting on the triple crown and the world shoot....a little mud is really no big deal....

i thought the ranges were set very well. the good shooters had to work a little bit, but the newer shooters didnt get beat up too bad. i thought range c was set very well, as well as d range.

we ran through the range so fast the chiggers and ticks couldnt keep up. i think they were stuck in the mud. i thought about knee high boots, but opted out, should have worn them...nothing a little water and soap wont fix though....

i only have one question, in respect to the semi pro shooters, why can they not shoot on friday? my buddy shoots semi pro, and had to wait until saturday to shoot, and needed sunday to finish up. we ended up staying an extra night to accomodate his range situation. is erie going to be the same? do we need to book an extra night there as well?
Old 05-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

This was my 1st time at Bedford. I enjoyed it very much. I liked the courses and the yardages, Shot half in the rain and half in great weather and never had to wait more than a couple of minutes at any target, GOOD JOB!!!! except for the big ole snake I almost stepped on on course G. I cant say enough about all the great people there. I had a friend whoms cable was cut and needed a replacement and we searched all the vendors and no one had the size he needed so we went to Strickland and he offered to make him a new one and in less than an hour he had a new cable and to boot he didnt even charge him anything[] We then got to use Lancasters bow press.
I had a wonderful older gentleman camped next to me that saw me camping alone and invited me to dinner and to lunch and asked if I had enough sleeping bags and offered me his extras if I needed them, we spent hours just chatting and visiting and talking archery, he even offered to walk me out to the course tent since it was my 1st time there, gave me some great tips and lots of useful info and instruction. He had a teenager with him that he takes to shoOts and that works in his shop for him. He shoots for Hoyt and his name is GORDY from Michigan, I just wish I had gotten his last name I would love to get in touch with him again, he is a truely great and thoughtful person!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The people working the tents and the IBO booth in the big building were all very nice and helpful.
I did end up with a deer tick in a bad spot, nasty little blood sucking vampires[:@][X(]
SEE YA THERE NEXT YEAR
Old 05-22-2003, 03:58 AM

Ken, This was my first White River shoot in about 15 years. It hasn' t changed, it always was the most enjoyable of all the triples. Great job by the IBO, and WR. I shot bad ,but I had a great time. I shot with two old finger shooters that have gone to seniors and super seniors. Enjoyed visiting with friends that I don' t get to see enough. Thanks IBO.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I think there were a lot of people who shot on Friday who normally don' t. Whatever the reason, it really cut down on the lines. From all that I talked to, there was' t any backups. Good job.

Quick Reply: How' d it go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.