Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

scholarship money?

Old 04-30-2003, 08:20 PM

Default scholarship money?

i always hear about scholarship money and how much is being given away at the world championship for the youth classes.

how is the money divided up and how much is there?

what place is needed in order to see any money at all?

thanx
Old 05-01-2003, 01:48 PM

Default RE: scholarship money?

There are two parts to the program.
First is the scholarships awarded by Hocking College, the host of the final leg of the National Championship Triple Crown. Hocking awards to YMR 15-17,ymr 13-14,yf andymf 6 quarter scholarships for first and five quarters for second and so on in each of these classes. FYI six quarters is a two year scholarship. These are given away each year at both the finals of the national championship and the world championship. So for this part of the program you would need to place in the top six.

The cash scholarship program holds the monies awarded to a youth shooter at any IBO Nationalor world level event until their 18th birthday and graduation from high school. These monies are held in an interest bearing account managed by Merrill Lynch. Upon the atttainment of the above criterion the awards are made (including interest).
Further for your information the total value of this program last year was right at $272,000(for 2002)
ken12
Old 05-04-2003, 08:39 PM

i commend this program. i am using my two year sholorship this fall when i go to college. helps out alot.

Old 05-05-2003, 07:07 AM

We are very happy to be able to provide this program for the youth in our sport. The choice by Hocking College to provide the youth in our sport, through IBO these scholarships makes us proud to give the venue for the competitions that select the recipients.They have and do continue to help the future of Bowhunting.
Bowtechkid, I am glad you have the opportunity. The dedication that got you the opportunity for the scholarship can also serve you well in your academic pursuit at Hocking. This summer at the finals for the National Triple Crown at Nelsonville get to know Bill Perrine. He is the one that has headed up the shoot in Nelsonville for years. His son in law Joe Sheffler has now taken over the reins for the shoot and participation in the IBO Board ,but Bill is a good man and he can help you as a student immeasurably. He is a bit gruff at times but he is really a good man.
Make us proud!
ken12
Old 05-05-2003, 08:41 PM

i will look fo rhim even though i have no clue who he is. i am really looking forward to college. i hope to try to help wiht the ibo shoot next year. i heard they might have an archery team? or did at one time. is this true???

the kid
Old 05-06-2003, 06:33 AM

They did. I do not know the present status.
If you ask anyone in the Natural Resources Dept. I am sure they know Bill.
ken12