Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Input on Releases

Old 03-14-2003, 08:22 PM

Default Input on Releases

Does anyone have any input on releases?

I know they make releases that are well suited for 3D and others that are well suited for hunting. When I review information about working on a consisent form, I see reference to having your release hand palm facing away from you and knuckle under the ear. I don' t know if this is a good option for hunting

My ideal release would be a thump release with a wrist strap. I was told by a local archery shop that this type of release does not exist.

I' ve received excellent input about arrow rest and sights, hopefully someone can provide some insight here.

Any Input?
Old 03-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Input on Releases

New2.

I use the same release for both 3d and hunting it is a tru-ball extreme with the talon head.

It has the thumb trigger and fits in the palm of my hand I use it as a back tension release in that I use the back muscles to trigger the release.

I dont have any trouble hunting with it if I am in a tree stand I just clip the release to the string loop that way I have both hands free for glassing.

My hunting buddies think I am crazy for using a target release for hunting.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-17-2003, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the input. Do you know the URL address?
Old 03-17-2003, 05:21 PM

In the above post, I should have mentioned the URL for Tru-Ball.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

www.truball.com
Old 03-17-2003, 11:52 PM

Thanks Ausie! Once again, this forum has provided value.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:13 PM

Below is an email I sent to TruBall. I got a real good sales pitch, but my questions were not answered. Can anyone answer these?

1) How does the rope stand up to weather?
2) Can the rope be cleaned or replaced?
3) Is the release mechanism reliable?

" Dear Ben,

Our releases are of the highest quality and durability on the market!!! The Ultra 4 was used by Female Pro Alicia McHenry to win the 2002 ASA Shooter-of-the-Year (best over the course of a whole year) and World Championship titles. Our releases are also well-known for our lifetime guarantee against manufacturer' s defects.

You can depend on T.R.U. Ball!

Best regards,
Ben Summers
T.R.U. Ball Releases
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 5:36 PM
Subject: Question about quality & durability

My name is Ben Hughes. I have used a Cobra Release since I started Archery Shooting. In order to improve consistency, I have been looking for a thump release to compliment my shooting style. I asked many people for input on releases. Several of them recommended your product. By examining your Ultra 4, I am concerned about the durability and quality. How does the rope portion stand up to weather? Can the rope be cleaned or replaced? Is the release mechanism reliable? Most of the people I asked shoot 3-D. I want to ensure the purchase of your Ultra 4 will be a good choice for hunting.

Thank You,

Ben Hughes"
Old 03-24-2003, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

N2A.

If you shoot with a string loop on the bow then just take the rope off the release.
But yes the rope can be replaced.
I cant comment on the weather part as I dont have the rope on my release.
So far I have not had a single problem with the mechanics of my tru ball releases.
But as they say in their email they have a life time guarantee.

Hope this helps

Old 03-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

The rope will stand up as good as the rope people are using for loop' s.I have an Tru Ball Extreme for over 6 years and it still has the org. string on it.I don' t think you would have any problems with the rope on any Tru Ball release.

Quick Reply: Input on Releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.