Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Senior AHC

Old 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Senior AHC

Think there is a chance for a Senior AHC ever forming? Good idea or no ? I'd would like to see it, some of us older guy's like shooting pins, but within a group ofpeople with the same caliber of vision !!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM

Default RE: Senior AHC

I would never say never, but I will say that we really are at the point where adding new classes with so many already in existance is a painful process. However, for the sake of discussion, I am curious about the reason behind the request since SHC is in existance. I have an idea, and an opinion, but I would like to hear yours.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 AM

Default RE: Senior AHC

It seem's to me a large amount of the clubs who host shoots, AHC, which is (level 4) is the starting point of money shoots. HC and SHC are usually trophy shoots, (where I have participated) I believe this is up to the host club. I also enjoy the added challenge of the 5 yds, but also realize I can not competewith the young eyes out there. I also prefer the use of the (pardon the expression) blazer vanes ( I know this is a tender spot, not trying to add salt to a wound)I have read the other posts !!Maybe it's me, but it seem's that HC does not receive the attention ? I have already purchased the duravane 4" low profile to try out next year for SHC. I have been around the IBO arena only a short time (enjoy it !!)
On another note: I haveheard quite a large amount of controversy (discussion) over the use ofblazer Vanes in HC class, and also thecreation of HC in the cub age range. A large amount of parents can not afford to or do not want to invest into the magnification, for such a young class, but their child can not compete without. Don't get this wrong, Ienjoy shooting the IBO shoots, and the IBO organization, keep up the good work for the world of archery, just thought I would bring this thought forward.And I am sure you hear this a lot !! Thanks !!