Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Rome--2nd Leg of STC

Old 03-10-2003, 01:46 PM

Default Rome--2nd Leg of STC

I have spoken with the folks in Rome and they tell me that the host motel is booked, just 4 rooms left as of last week.
There are several others there that are very nice. I will get phone numbers in the next day or so.
The shoot is at a new location this year. Lock and Dam Park. They tell me it is really nice place. I am dissapointed the walks to the ranges are too short. Oh well.
Some Shooters Tickets for the Bellamy Bros. concert are still available.
Weather today in Rome is a dissapointing 72. [8D]
Cleveland 20 and snow. I' m ready!
ken12
Old 03-10-2003, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Rome--2nd Leg of STC

BowPro: I checked with you earlier this season on this forum about shooting all 40 on Sunday at Rome, Ga. You informed me that as long as we registered prior to 0900 am on Sunday we would be fine. I just wanted to double check this information, although it would be a little late now, 4 of us from western Pa already have flights into atlanta Saturday afternoon. Please confirm the above statement so I can place the others in my group at ease. Bill
Old 03-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Spike

Ken,

If the walks to the range and from target to target are shorter it just will not be Rome. What else will I have to complain about? Hopefully not my shooting.

Looking forward to the new location and not having to take an overnight tent to shoot twenty targets. Man, that old location was stretched ouuuuuuut. Maybe all the shots will still be in the 47 yard range like the first year I went up there (or so it seemed).

For those that can' t figure it out I am kidding. Two years ago I shot 40 targets in one day and felt like I had jogged a marathon. Not a good thing for someone as out of shape as I am.

See ya' ll in Rome
Old 03-11-2003, 12:24 PM

Do not blame the folks from Rome for the long distances. I did that. Wanted to make sure that you all were safe and secure. My fault! Tom tells me that the walk to the start of the ranges from the shuttles will be long and arduous. Almost a hundred miles,I mean yards.

You CAN shoot all in one day. Get there early.
I cannot believe that with a reasonable effort it could not get done. With that said, it cannot be guaranteed that it can be done. Shoot and move, shoot and move.
I am not sure if 9:00 will be early enough. I suppose what I am saying is it can be done. But I can name some shooters that could not do it on an open range. Now, you gotta ask yourself,can you do it?
ken12
Old 03-11-2003, 12:39 PM

Can anyone give an address of Lock and Dam park. Or a map.

Thanks
Fletch
Old 03-11-2003, 02:37 PM

Look again Fletch, I just put it on this forum!
Old 03-11-2003, 03:44 PM

THANKS KEN FOR THE VERIFICATION, WE WILL BE THERE FIRST LIGHT TO START OUR DAY. WE WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING 20 TARGETS IN BY 10 AM THEN A SMALL BREAK AND THEN ANOTHER TWENTY IN STARTING AT 1100 AM SO WE SHOULD FINISH UP BY 2 OR 3 PM. THANKS BILL
Old 03-12-2003, 08:22 PM

TTT - Can' t wait till Rome . . . no snow and warm temps!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:57 AM

hey ken, the national triple crown has a 1pm deadline for scorecards on sunday, is this the same for the southern triple crown? i hope to get in 30 on saturday, but you never know.........i am a little out of shape too......
Old 03-22-2003, 04:33 PM

Lock up your doors and hide your women cause the boys from Indiana are on the way, down. Looking forward to the warm weather and a good shoot . Good luck to all and we' ll see you there.

Quick Reply: Rome--2nd Leg of STC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.