Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

MBO Class

Old 03-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default MBO Class

Since I have been stuck in front of the comuter all winter because of the weather,I have been checking out scores from previous years and have a question.
Has the IBO ever considered splitting up this class (MBO)the same way as ASA does? Say MBO A and MBO B? There is a HUGE difference in scores in this class,top guns are shooting in the low to mid 390' s while the new-comer who wants to shoot an open class bow may barely break 300.
But then you would have the guy who' s shooting 375 drop down to B class just so he could have a chance at a win,just like many did when the HC was introduced(nothing wrong with this I guess if that' s your thing)
Only way I know that this could be prevented is if you currently shoot MBO lets say your average score for last year was 360 this score is around the middle to the higher side of the results,thus putting you in the upper 1/2 of the scores.If your average was 348 it would put you on the low side.Simply put 350 or higher =A class lower than 350=B class or 1st time shooters could shoot in the B class that 1st year (But then you throw me in the mix,I' ve shot this class for 4 yrs and shot some good scores and some pathetic scores).

Don' t get me wrong,I think things are fine the way they are!
Just wondering if this has been considered,and how other shooters feel about it.

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:08 PM

Default RE: MBO Class

Some local clubs do that here. My first time shooting 3D, I shot the Open Class and I won the B trophy, so I think it' s great. I got to take home a prize and I was like a little kid again. I was hooked!

-Chief[:-]
Old 03-06-2003, 07:32 PM

I would like to know the number of shooters there was in the MBO class the year prior to the formation of the HUNTER CLASS.

The figures would be interesting because it would show where the classes were affected the most. Every one that jumped into the Hunter Class did not think that they could win especially after the class had been competing for a couple of years.

Every shoot that I have looked at the registration form show that HC is the 2nd biggest or the biggest class. I say that many of the archers shooting in the HC are shooting because they like the limit of 35 yards even with the restriction on equipment.

Another possibility would be to start a Pro Hunter class with a higher entry fee and a bigger payback and see what happens. I think that being a shoot sponsered by the INTERNATIONAL BOWHUNTING ORGANIZATION this would be very appropiate. Change the BH class to the BOWHUNTING CLASS and see what re-action you get. There are other possibilities as far as making changes goes but a poll at the Triple Crowns and World would get a true feeling of a majority.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

fasstfletch.
You might be onto something there with a Pro Hunter class
Thats something that I would vote for even tho I am far from being a Pro in any class
Old 03-07-2003, 07:13 AM

I am contemplating HC rules for MBRand FBR. The only change would be fletch, stabilizer,and points. And a couple extra yards.
Seems a little redundant to add a class in the middle.
This is a start for suggestions and ideas.
Especially from the MBR shooters.
ken12
Old 03-07-2003, 07:31 AM

Make the same rules for the MBR & FBR the same as HC but shoot at 45 yards. If you finish in the top 30 in the triple crown you get move to MBR or FBR. Tis will bring along the folks in the HC class to move up with out the yardage shock. From there they can they or move to the Open B then to Open A then to Semi Pro and so forth. The whole ideal in compition is to progress forward.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:42 AM

I think that the classes are so that people may choose where they want to compete (shoot). If you take away that choice then you may loose more than you gain. In the classes where equipment has restrictions progression may be more difficult than other classes. There is no way that you should invoke a system that picks the winners or creates loosers. A persons skill and or interest should be the determining factor and they alone should be able to determine where they compete. In each class there is only one winner but there are lots of competitors.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ken you got me a little worried there. MBR/FBR are fine the way they are, do not change to make arrow rules like HC, this would be a mistake, if anything I would like to see MBR/FBR moved back to 50 yards.

The only difference between MBO/FBO and MBR/FBR should be the sight used, in my opinion. The HC should stay as a " fun" class, if size permits/requires, break it down further to HC/fingers (not sure if this is in there now).

--Bob
Old 03-07-2003, 09:43 AM

I would vote for a Pro Hunter Class also! That sounds great! I shoot in Female Hunter Class and even though I am shooting to have fun; I am also competing! I also am not good enough yet for a Pro Class, wether it be Pro Hunter or otherwise; but it would be great to be able to decide if we wanted to shoot in Pro Hunter or Hunter. That would let the shooters who say they are there just for fun to shoot in HC and the shooters who are there for both fun and competition to shoot in PROHC.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:50 AM

Once again there is almost 0 chance of adding another class.
The class exists that you are talking about.
I refer to my previous post.
ken12

Quick Reply: MBO Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.