Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO Scoring

Old 02-25-2008, 10:24 AM

Default IBO Scoring

So what is the proper scoring for an arrow that hits another arrow...

Example: Arrow 1 is in the center ring (11-x) and arrow 2 hits arrow 1 and is deflected into the 10 ring. Arrow 1 shows dmage from being hit from arrow 2....Do you score it as a 10 or an 11/x?

IBO rules:
"An arrow embedded into the nock end of an arrow embedded in the target shall be scored the same as the arrow embedded into the target. An arrow that hits another arrow — with the arrow being struck showing visible damage - that does not stick in the target shall be given the score of the arrow that was struck. The majority of the group must agree that:
[ol][*]a particular arrow was struck, and that striking the arrow prevented the arrow from sticking in the target, or the arrow shall be scored as a miss. "[/ol]
I know what what I would score it as! But, wondering what everone else thought????
Old 02-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Default RE: IBO Scoring

If the arrow sticks in the target it is scored where it lands. The example you give would score a 10.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Sounds straight forward to me - your arrow hit another in the 11 and falls to the ground it is an 11. Your arrow hits the 11 arrow and sticks in the 10 ring it is a 10.

Mike -
Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM

An arrow on the ground should be re -shot. An arrow showing damage has no way of saying that it was damagedat that target or by the arrow on the ground. On a long target with poor lighting there is no way that anyone can say that one arrow hit another unless there is only one other person shooting in the group. Rules are made to cover every possibility as can be determined by people using a standard that covers as many shooters as possible. A mixed group of people may not agree on whether or not damage was caused at the target or even during previouslyshooting together.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 AM

I Agree but IBO has that covered in the rules about on scoring and score keepers and double scoring -

Mike -
Old 03-09-2008, 01:35 PM

Hi guys , i shoot alot of 3D tournaments in Ontario , i use my Excalibur Exocet crossbow , any other guys here use a crossbow for 3D ?, any other Ontario shooters here ?, as for the above question an arrow deflected off another arrow is scored where it lands , unless it stays inside the arrow that was hit, yes deflections suck when it puts you into a lower score , but sometimes it can put you into a higher score also , I LOVE 3D.