Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD >

IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD

Old 06-05-2007, 07:05 PM

Default IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD

I thought it would be a good idea to start a IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS 2007 thread and copy paste some of the info from the IBO main page and get others to add on more info.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 PM

Default RE: IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD

2007 IBO World Championship & Archery Festival
2/23/2007

The IBO is pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached with the City of Anderson Indiana to host the 2007 IBO World Championship and Archery Festival.
[/align]The dates for the event will be Aug. 2-5,2007. [/align][/align]Go to www.cityofanderson.com for lodging information or call 800-533-6569. [/align][/align]For Vendor information call Pam Clendenon at 765-648-6852 [/align][/align]For general information call Event Coordinator Tony Girt at 765-635-1432 [/align]
Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM

2007 World Championship

THE 2007 I.B.O.WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ARCHERY FESTIVAL
City of Anderson, Indiana

August 1-5, 2007
Bowhunters Market & Show August 2-5, 2007

Lodging Info: 800-533-6569 or go to www.cityofanderson.com
Booth Space: Pam Clendenon 765-648-6852
For all general information call Event Coordinator Tony Girt 765-635-1432
I.B.O. SHOOTER OF THE YEAR EVENT
I.B.O. MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED TO SHOOT THE I.B.O. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM

How many have already sent in there letter?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 AM

Still thinking it over.

Seems to me that the last time I went, just three years ago in WV, the fee for Hunter Fingers was about $40, and there was a trophy-only class with even less of a fee available.

Now, I see no trophy class available and the fee to shoot HF is $65 !

I enjoy participating and am certainly glad to see the opportunity moved down out of the mountains to a more accessible area with more reasonable weather for conducting a shoot. But $65 !

I can't seem to locate any info on whether the HF shooters will now participate in the payouts as do the other classes.

Looking for some justification for that kind of entry fee.

I can go play 18 holes (asa senior, walking, weekday rate)each day for a week at a well-manicured full-sized golf course up the road from my house for $13 a day.

My local ranges make money while charging $10 shoot fees for 40 targets each shoot.

I'm not opposed to paying double or triple that for the chance to see how my scores stack up against the best in the country on the same course and day, but higher multiples make me hesitant, even when the event is held nearby.

I may still send it in, or I may just go to my club shoot and enjoy four days of golf that week for the same money and save the gas for my hunitng trip.

Kinda wishing now that I'd seen the rate schedule before I signed up for five years of membership in the BO at Bedford this year.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Russ,
I believe alot of folks get confused, so let me explain for those of you who don't know.

The Title Event:
TheIBO World Championship. You have to qualify to participate. You have to shoot in the top 20 scores of your class at any IBO World Qualifier. You will receive an official invitation to shoot for the title of IBO World Champion of your class.It is a moneypaybackin all classesexcept for the Hunter Classes.The World Championin allclasses win theIBO World Championship buckle.
The cost for your class HF is $65.00

The Host(Flatwoods, Peak n Peek, Snowshoe and now City of Anderson) has atrophy shootfor those who did not qualify or maybe did not want to qualify, but still want to come and shoot.This year it is called The Anderson Classic. This is not for an IBOWorld Champion title. A trophy is awarded by the Host. The classes that can participate are all amateur classes (except PCBH). Pro Class and Semi Pro classes can not participate. The cost is $30.00 This is a separate registration form and we do have it available here at the IBO office or by contacting The City of Anderson. If you or anyone is interest, email us at [email protected] or call 440-967-2137
Again this is put on by the Host not the IBO.

The City of Anderson and the IBO are working hard to make sure you and your families have a great time. One of the best vendor show's you'll find for all your archery and hunting needs, fun things for the family and many many many folks doing what you love to do, shooting 3d and talking about it!

Thank you for your 5 year membership. As a not for profitmembership organization thisishow wecontinue to give you a place to shoot 3d and fight toprotect your hunting rights year after year after year. You and all our members are appreciated.

Judy
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Are there any other qualifyers for the World Championships? I'm in S.W. Ohio.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Last qualifier is this weekend in Nelsonville, OH - 3rd Leg IBO National Championship Triple Crown!
Hope to see you all there!

Judy
Old 07-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Default RE: IBO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS THREAD

Whitetail99 shoot times Thursday 10:40 coarseN and Friday 10:40 coarse O..
Old 07-20-2007, 02:35 PM

Default RE: IBO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS THREAD

It is true that we had a computer glitch in the scheduling.
The error has been found and corrected. This error did affect some of the shooting times. We sent out corrections to the persons affected. You will receive new labels. Place the new labels over the old labels. This error did not affect all shooters.

I am trying to get the current shoot times and ranges posted on the city web site. I hope to have that done at the first of next week. You will be able to check your shoot times on the web site.

I apologize to the ones that this affected. This is a new and very complicated database. Thanks for your understanding.

Also...

The hotels in Anderson have been very helpful in pricing their rooms. For example, the weekend before the world is the Brickyard 400. Prices of some of the rooms are as much as $135 per night. The hotels have promised to hold the price for this year and next year at the most $99. If you check the city website, you can still find rooms available for less than $99.

www.cityofanderson.com

Quick Reply: IBO WORLD CHAMPINIONSHIPS THREAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.