Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Question for any/all IBO executives >

Question for any/all IBO executives

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Question for any/all IBO executives

Old 03-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Question for any/all IBO executives

What can be done to develop additional classes for youths? The way it is set up now discriminates against many young people who cannot afford on "open" set-up. It seems that the best way to promote archery is to reach out to as many young people as possible. We already have the process in the works (hunter class) and it seems awful foolish to exclude the large number of youths that would participate in events if they were on an even playing field. Why can'tyouth hunter class divisions be created?You could run the 13-14 yr old HC and 15-17 HC and let these kids who don't have the $$$ be able to compete at yardages they can handle and equipment that is more comparable to what they have. Lets not keep alienating this large number of future shooters but embrace them.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 AM

Default RE: Question for any/all IBO executives

That would be a up grade.
I know more regular youth pin sight shooters would keep comming if they did not have to get whipped my movable sights and power lens.
But then again common sense is not all that common here at the IBO.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:00 PM

while i am not an officer or affiliated with ibo leadership, it is my understanding that classes are formed based on participation in that class. if enough shooters are present, or participate, the class will be considered, or implemented. the lack of participation among the shooters is what gets the classes combined or done away with. getting more shooters to participate is the problem. adding the class without the shooters will not happen. if you know of a contingent of shooters who either quit shooting andare willing to return, or are new shooterswilling to participate, present it to the ibo for consideration.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:55 PM

I understand that there are youth that have hunter class equipment but I dont think you should split the youth classes. First off the scores thatll win the hunter youth classes will be real comparable to those that win the actual hunter because there will always be kids that practice a whole lot and are real good. Second creating a 15-17 hunter will not be a very good idea because most kids that age with hunter equipment will go ahead and shoot hunter because there is no point for them to shoot 10 yards further against kids with Moveable sights when they can shoot 35 yards with people that have the same equipment.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Not to make anyone mad but i shot against Danny evans andDanny McCARTHY in the youth class back a couple years ago and let me tell you it was frustrating getting beat that bad I was usingpins and they were usingscopesbut it made me want to try harder there is no real advantageto how much you have in equipment it is how you can shoot.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:30 PM

I have 2 daughters, that are future bowhunter age. I have thought about this same thing even in the cub classes. How are my girls going to compete against and open setup in the cub class? But you know this is archery and the great thing about it is every body in a class, it dosent matter if they are shooting pin or a scope has to stand at the stake and make the shot. If you dont hit the 11 its nobodys falt but the person that made the shot,the arrow will go where you put it. The good thing about the youth classes is that shooters do get moved out. If my girls realy get into this and they start shooting better than their equipment.If I have to I will sell my stuff and pay for theirs.This sport is different than anything else. Equipment can only take you so far. A kidthat practices everyday and has a $200 setup is going to out shoot a kid that dosent practice and has a $2000 setup. Unless someone tells them that they cant beat that kid because they have more expensive equipment.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 PM

What about a kid w/ a $200 set up who practices everyday versus a kid w/ a $2,000 set up who practices everyday? Seems pretty well stacked in the higher $'s favor.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 PM

Well there is going to be great shoot and may the best shooter win