Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 Question for Ken (president of IBO) >

Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Question for Ken (president of IBO)

here is another question for Ken. I live in Alabama I am not gonna to going to college in ohio, so does that mean he has some sort of transfer program or will i just lose the money?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys sorry it took so long again. But i do hope that they do have some kind of transfer thing for the money if you do win it. Hey Tom and Ben, you think we might get together for the NTC?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Sure,we can hook up in bedford. I'll be going down thursday.I usuallyshoot20 friday and 20 saturday. I'll be wearing aMartin shirt and a goldtip hat. If we don't shoot together,we can still shoot the defense course. I'll be there all weekend. Anyone going to cleveland.I shoot 1200 saturday.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Sure we can do that, i'll be wearing a Hoyt Factory shirt and a grey and red Hoyt hat. I'll be shooting a ProElite, if you know what it looks like Tom. Its a blue fade to black color. But i'm not shooting Cleveland, i did that last year and didnt like it.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM

I wont be in clevland but i will be in bedford i think and i also will be in a gold tip shooter hat and a black pearson under armor shirt.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 PM

BLUEJACKET, I MAY HAVE MISSPOKE MY WORDS. I DIDN'T MEAN THAT IBO DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE YOUTH FOR THEIR HARD WORK AND DEVOTION, BUT THAT IT WOULD BE NICE FOR THE YOUTH TO HAVE A SOY PROGRAM. YES, THE PRIZE MONEY IS NICE FOR THE YOUTH, BUT AS THE BOYS WERE SAYING, THE 2 YR SCHOLARSHIP IS JUST FOR THE NTC.
IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE MORE PARTICIPATION AT THE STC.

I'M SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE, I DIDN'T MEAN IT AS AN INSULT AND I THINK YOU TOOK PERSONAL, AND IT WAS NOT INTENDED THAT WAY YOU INTERPERATED IT. SORRY ABOUT THAT. BASICALLY I WAS JUST AGREEING THAT PARTICIPATION WOULD MOST LIKELY INCREASE IF SOY WAS OFFERED TO THE YOUTH, BUT IF NOT IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF DEAL.
OUR FAMILY ENJOYS ARCHERY AND APPRECIATES ALL THE WORK IBO AND THE CLUBS PUT INTO MAKING EACH SHOOT A GOOD ONE.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Bowmom, i didnt take any offense to what you said in your last post, i totaly agree with you except for the recognition. We do get recognised but not as much as the Pros ro SemiPros. I hope Ken has read thin by now and has thought it over realy hard. I would love to have that SOY belt to go after at all these TCshoots. And i think all the other guys in the 15-17 class will agree with me. And theres also a problem with the participation rate at these local shoots,lol, i get so bored winning my class all the time because theres nobody in them. I would atleast like to have two other people to shoot against. I mean the sport of archery isnt boring at all, i live to shoot, but i just get bored when i have nobody to shoot against. I know Ken cant to anything about this i just wanted to tell people how i feel. Oh and another thing, I still agree with the three belt buckles for the 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners overall. I would really appreciate it if this would happen for the 15-17 class.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:33 PM

i do think the youth get recognized and it has nothing to do in comparison with the pros or semipros. it's just not everyone can go to all 3 of the stc or the ntc, but if the soy program was active in some of the other classes there maybe increased participation in one or both of the triple crowns since it would take at least one moreshoot to be in the running for soy, say if you had went to all 3 of one of triple crowns. that's what i was trying to say.
i feel ibo does a good job and we enjoy participating.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

I agree totally, i think IBO has also been doing a good job of keeping these shoots running, and i also love participating. The qualification for the SOY in the 15-17 class should be the same as the qualification for all of the other classes, we should have shoot 5 out of the 7 total shoots, including the World, to be able to compete for the SOY. Does that seem fair to the youth class?I just want to see what you other 4 think about the qualification for the SOY.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Has this topic died already?lol

Quick Reply: Question for Ken (president of IBO)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.