Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

SOY program?

Old 12-01-2006, 07:29 AM

Default SOY program?

Why did the IBO drop the indoor world off the shooter of the year program? To me it doesn't make sense. Most of the shooters that shoot IBO are in the north. So instead of making more shoots up north which would draw more people to a shoot they make you drive all the way down south to a shoot that has really hasno numbers but maybe 35 per class to be able to compete for the SOY award. In most casesnow the shooter of the year award isn't going to go to the best shooter but to the best traveler. What are the rewards that would make a shooter living in the north drive 7-10 and some even more hours awayto shoot at an event that even the contingency programs don't even recognize for rewards! I love the northern shoots and I am sure I would love the southern shoots as well but to go is unreasonable for me with a family and work andwhen I am alreadygoing to all the northern shoots including the Indoor world which would be 5 shoots. But one short for a chance at the SOY award! To me it doesn't seam fair that they punish the north by taking away a SOYshoot just because the south couldn't keep their winter national shoot afloat. Don't get me wrong I love the south fornascar, moonshine, good old boys, and southern bells, but come on the north keeps the IBO going help us out a little.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:10 AM

Default RE: SOY program?

The ONLY change is to add the Outdoor World to the list, instead of the Indoor.
This was done because registration is limited at the Indoor. Registration is NOT limited at the Outdoor World.
I think it can add some fun to the finish of the SOY program. Especially if the race is tight.
ken12

Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 AM

If that is the only change then I agree with you it would make for a better run if the scores are close. It would still be nice if the five northern shoots would count toward the SOY award. The indoor world has better numbers then any of the southern shoots so why take it away for those of us up north? I understand a little to make it fair because the southern shooters have to come north to make a shoot and in turn so should the northern shooters go southbut why not put one in Kentuckywhere it is close for both sides.A shoot inmid Januarywould be nice say around the Tenn. and Ken. line. I bet that would draw a lot of shooters looking to get ready for the up comingshooting season. But then you’re looking at a weather issue and who wants to drive through the mountains in the middle of winter?It makes it really hard to meet the objective when it takes so many shoots to have a chance at the SOY award. Seven qualifying shoots and you must shoot five of them! Tough way to go for the folks that already take a lot of time from home to shoot the ones they already do.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:46 PM

I agree with great outdoors 100% , Ishoot at cleveland every year and I like by eliminating it from the soy program is going to hurt attendance . for the last three years the ibo has included texas winternationals in the soy program . and now that it is not going to happen this year the ibo eliminates two shoots and add one . what gives ?