Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

worlds participation.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default worlds participation.

going out on a limb here.....but im betting the numbers are going to be down this next year..............at indiana............

asa stays south for a reason........ibo needs to stay more northeast....for the same reason............just my opinion..........
Old 09-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Default RE: worlds participation.

I agree 100% with you. Im not going and am not renewing my IBO membership. I cant se going to In. 2 times one for triple crown and then back for the worlds
Old 09-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Is there any place to stay at? In snowshoe we all gathered in the center of town what does indiana have? is there a village! is the course flat or is it hilly or mountains.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM

why go to the same place for 7 yrs. ? its gettin kinda old don't ya think
Old 09-06-2006, 08:22 PM

IBOCHAMP, thats a good question. But people dont seem to get tired of Bedford,Erie or Nelsonville. I take my family to the worlds and they love it, because their is lots of things for them to do while I am shooting. Not being able to stay at the shoot sitemakes it hard for people like me who dont want to leave their family in a hotel with no car while I go shoot. The 2007 worlds nowseem to bethe 4th leg of the nationals. I hope anderson puts on a good shoot and it turns out great for you guys that attend. I just canttake the chance on taking my wife and kids and spending the cash not knowing if they will have to sit in a hotel room and stare at corn and bean fields.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:04 AM

I agree, My whole family attended this year and all had a great time. Is the move to Indiana a move to benefit members and if so whatinput did the members have in the decision? My family will not attend 2007 championships.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Im dissapointed in IBO's decision to want what is at the least 75-80% of their members who like to shoot at the Worlds for the competition and meeting those who are interested in the same things,to have to drive 8-12 hours to get there.Well there you have it 2 days on the road to shoot 40 targets.Not me or the 30 other people I know.Its sad
Old 09-07-2006, 10:21 AM

Bowtech,
Some of us have been driving 10 or 11 hours for the last 6 years and have not complained. Where did you come up with 75-80%? Did you do a poll of the membership?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 AM

I am another one that is not happy with the move. Indiana is about half of the drive for me, But I would rather drive twice as far to shoot at Snowshoe. I think it is going to be extremely hot and more expensive for lodging. I hope the IBO can prove me wrong on this but I will be surprised.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wayne,
Obviously you are "in the know" for the Anderson decision (you are from Anderson correct?)

Why not answer some of the directly posed concerns about the location choice rather than just dispute or dismiss them? People are genuinely concerned about losing an event that they look forward to each year.
If you could somehow outline some of the good things that Anderson has to offer (events, etc) and the availabilty of lodging it might put peoples anxieties at ease a little.
There is obviously quite a bit of "Knee Jerk" reaction to the decision by the eastern members who need a little reassurance.

I have seen the questions raised by others (as well as myself ) who have legitimate honest questions concerning the change.

Quick Reply: worlds participation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.