Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

indoor ranges.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:57 PM

Default indoor ranges.

I need some help from all of my fellow 3D shooters. I have recently relocated to Columbus, Oh. I'm looking for some indoor shooting ranges in the area. Can anybody out there give me a hand.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: indoor ranges.

I don't know if this will help, but you can start by calling some of these shops.

Fairfield Outdoors
740-653-2697

Hunters Headquarters
740-965-4868

R & R Sports Headquarters
614-443-4954
Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM

hunters headquarters has been closed for a while but fairfield outdoors or broken arrow archery in newark would be a good choise.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:09 PM

You'll find some pretty slim pickins for indoor ranges around Columbus. As far as that goes, good archery shops/support are pretty hard to find. Like the man said earlier. Broken Arrow archery has a pretty nice indoor/outdoor set-up, but not much of a shop. They carry mostly Mathews, but have a limited supply to shoot/try. Depending on where you plan on living in Columbus it can be anywhere from a 1-2 hour trip to their range.

That's the only relatively close indoor range that I am aware of. There are a coupleof outdoor ranges in the area. But nothing to swoon over.

Not much in the area of quality bow shops either. Personally, I like the Fisherman's Warehouse on the south side of Columbus in Obetz. A nice small shop. They carry Hoyt, BowTech, Reflex, Diamondand a couple of other smaller lines. They have a pretty wide selection of each of the brands. The fella's there are great to work.

The next option is Vance's shooting supplies in the north end of Columbus proper. They carry a lot of brands, except BowTech, but generally only a few examples of each line. A few of the guys who work in there have some good general knowledge, but most in there are gun guys. They aren't very friendly to work with, their prices are generally high, especially on the accessories, and they are definetly not willing to order anything in for you to try out.

There are a few other stores in the general Area. It's all trial and error.

Hope this helps