Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Nelsonville

Old 07-15-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Nelsonville

I saw a couple of things happen at Nelsonville this past weekend that I thought weren't "legal", but maybe I am wrong. The first thing I saw was people shooting in groups of two. I thought there had to be at least three people to a group. The other thing, I heard the officials at a tent tell someone they could have five points because everyone in their group saw their arrow glance off of a target. I thought the arrow either had to be stuck in the target orhad to have been a complete pass through. Could anyone clarify this for me?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Default RE: Nelsonville

I can't tell you the circumstances of the 2 people shooting together but there is supposed to be 3 people in a groupe or at least two and an official scoare keeper.

Rule 5 says that an arrow must be stuck in the target or it must be witnessed by the other shooters in the group as a pass through. If it is a wittnessed pass through it can either be scored as agreed by the majority of the group witnessing or it can be shot over. If the arrow bounced off the target than it should have been scored as a miss or zero score. When in doubt about the proper ruling of a arrow hit or miss or whatever then an official should be called to make a ruling based on the information at that time.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:04 PM

To score, arrows must be stuck in the target. Witnessed pass through or bounce outs are to be scored as agreed on by the majority of the group, or re-shot before shooters advance to the target. A pass through is defined as an arrow passing completely, through a target, with material 360 degrees around the arrow, leaving both an entrance and exit hole
Old 07-16-2005, 08:21 AM

bowchic, dont know if you are asking a question or trying to get the right info for yourself.......if you see something on arange that you are not sure of, ask while at the range. if the range official at the check in tent doesnt give you the answer you feel is correct, go and ask an ibo official. the folks helping at the ranges should know the rules, but there are cases when they do not.

glance offs are definately scored as a miss......close but not close enough.

what time of day did you see the small groups? what ranges were you on? there may not have been enough shooters to form a group, and there may not have been enough range officials to score them. not defending anyone, just know and realize things get pretty busy at national level shoots.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:40 PM

One of the small groups was on range L at about 10:30 on Saturday morning, the other was on range G at about the same time on Sunday morning. I was trying to find out about the glance off because I have been in groups when this has happened and the shooter got a zero. I just wanted to make sure that was the right call for future reference. If someone is supposed to get five points I don't want to cheat them out of it. I've glanced off manya target myself and wished I had five points for it!!! I appreciate all the feedback!