Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID >

Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID

Old 02-22-2002, 02:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID

These guys are a real joke.The ambulance ride still has not been paid by the insurance company.So I called blue sheild and blue cross.I ask why they have not paid the ambulance fee.They said they never recieved a bill.OK where do you want the payment sent to? There answer> I dont know where to tell you to send it. WHAT? .If you want to get paid we need to know where to send the payment. They gave me a address and then said Im not sure if that address is right.WHAT? Are you some kind of a joker or a complete IDIOT? They said Im not going to be insulted and hung up.I quess if they dont have a address to send the payment to ,they wont get paid,JERKS
Old 02-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID

I know. We've Got a good one going on here. We were on Liz's Cobra plan after she got laid off. When we tried to add Gus to the plan they said we didn't respond fast enough. Her old boss was supposed to handle this and we didn't even know 'til they wouldn't accept him at the hospital without cash payment. At the 1st of the year, I decided to buy Ins. so that controll would be back in my hands where it belongs. Now they Say she was pregnant before and that it was an "existing condition". they don't want to pay for it. Same Ins. Co. Same company, just changed from Cobra to Personal. I have to meet with a lawyer today. That will be another expense. Where are we headed. Good Luck. Capt Brad.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I could do without insurance companies I would, unfortunantly unless you are very rich you can't.

The Tazman
Old 02-22-2002, 05:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2002, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

typical!!
Old 02-22-2002, 06:03 AM

I agree,they want you to do all the running around with the paper work so they can sit back and take your money.They know exactly how and where to get there money for premiums don't they.
Old 02-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

After an entire year had passed (and my premium had increased by 15%), MY insurance Co. just sent me a notice that they were going to increase my premium by nearly $1100 for LAST YEAR'S accident! Fortunately, the NRA just sent me an ad for their car insurance--what a stroke of luck!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

it doesnt surprise me one bit.. i hate insurance companies, but ya gotta have it, and they never wanna pay for anything.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

DaveH go to an independent insurance broker they can save you a fortune, I cut my rates by more than half!

The Tazman
Old 02-22-2002, 04:39 PM

CD,
Sorry to hear your having problems but from what I can tell from your post it appears that they will pay, they just haven't got the bill. I don't understand the confusion here, why don't you send them a copy of your bill, fax it if possible. Wouldn't that take care of the problem? I've been cruising this board long enough to learn that you and your wife have had some very difficult times with your health and you are in my prayers, I wish you nothing but the best.
Capt. Brad, at first glance it seems that another poor innocent consumer is getting screwed by the insurance company but upon further examination, and since I don't have all the facts I will only speak in general terms, it appears that your first problem you mentioned isn't with the insurance company but with your wife's boss and his failure to add Gus to the Cobra plan. So why is your anger being misplaced towards the insurance company? Now you want to take out a personal plan for the family so that Gus would be covered but your wife is pregnant and they will not cover the pregnancy. I assume that the pregnancy is covered under the Cobra plan, if so keep that plan in force and insure Gus on a personal plan by himself, when the pregnancy is brought to term then combine everyone on the same personal family plan. Please don't tell me you let the Cobra plan lapse before you got the personal plan issued.
Taz, you and I both know better. Your damn glad that you have the insurance products that you have, for the premiums you pay they assume your risks and liabilities and the risk they accept is way out of proportion to the premiums you pay. To illustrate this point lets take a look at my insurance policies, I'm sure that they are representitive of your policies also.
To insure my home for one year I pay $465, in the event of a total loss to my home and contents my insurance would pay up to $175,000 to rebuild the home and $120,000 on the contents plus additional expenses while the home is being rebuilt. If my dog chews up a neighbor's kid they would pay up to $300,000 if necassary.
My auto policy costs me $126 per month, in return my insurance company would pay up to $350,000 for any one accident.
My boat policy costs $278 per year and in return my insurance company would pay up to $220,000 per accident.
My life insurance costs $53 per month and in the event of my death the company would pay $250,000.
My health insurance cost $650 per month and in return the comapny would pay up to $2,000,000 maximum lifetime benefit.
That's a whole lot of risk for the premium paid!!!
Now folks, listen to me, I'm a 13 year insurance agent and I do my job well. These are contracts that we are signing with the insurance companies, legal contracts. They spell out what is covered and what is not covered, it spells out what your's and the company's obligations are in the event of a claim. This is really an issue of being an informed consumer, I'd be willing to bet that most on this board does more research on the newest rifle or bow that they are looking at than they do their insurance policies, what a waste!!
Friends, the companies are not always right, they do screw up once and awhile. But I'm here to tell you that 90% of the problems I deal with daily are a result of the consumer either not taking the time to read their contract or their willfull attempts to misrepresent the facts in either the procurement of insurance or the filing of a claim. Fraud is rampant within the insurance industry and it is not being committed by the companies, it is being committed by our friends and our neighbors to the tune of billions of dollars a year.
I reckon I've gone on long enough and will now climb down off the box.

'nuff said ( for now)
Mark in SC

Quick Reply: Insurance Companies are Stupid,STUPID

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.