Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
New dog (Plott Hound, Pit Bull/Lab, mix breed) >

New dog (Plott Hound, Pit Bull/Lab, mix breed)

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

New dog (Plott Hound, Pit Bull/Lab, mix breed)

Old 06-13-2021, 03:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Butch and yours is very handsome. What a nice looking face. Showed your boy's picture to my wife and she said he is beautiful. Wait until you see your boy run. Those breeds can really move. Mine loves to chase me on my wheeler and my backyard running down to the lake is 350 feet. I have a 750 Suzuki King Quad and it really moves but I can't beat the dog in a race up from the beach.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update:

My dog Reggie has made himself at home already.... Check this out (cross posted from Facebook):
"Seriously, Reggie? I'm chilling on the outdoor patio, beautiful breeze, etc.. and you decide to plop down in the big lounge chair? ...whatever, dude... "

Edit: As I told my wife, "Uh, honey, I think we just lost a beautiful lawn chair...."

Old 06-18-2021, 05:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I think he found a great home.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I think he found a great home.
Thanks.... Indeed he has!
Old 06-30-2021, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update.... I took Reggie out to Powhatan WMA earlier this morning (before it got to be 90+ degrees outside!), and he had a blast! You can clearly see him tugging on the leash after I stopped to take this photo.

Caption: "Dude! Why are we stopping? This place is awesome! So many smells to check out! Come on man. Let's go!"

Old 07-09-2021, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a brindle plot to me, how is the nose, how is the disposition, Pitts don't have much nose, labs are ape sheet crazy till age 5.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ridge Runner
Yes, my dog Reggie is a brindle colored Plott Hound with a mix of Pit Bull & a hint of Lab (according to the vet). His nose is amazing and every time I take him for a walk, he's over here, he's over there, he's sniffing every <expletive> shrub and bush all the way down the side street! He's one of those dogs where, if I even thought of taking him off the leash... That's it... Pfffffftttt... GONE!

Here's a better, closeup, photo of him, taken with my Nikon DSLR. However, the angle of the photo makes him look like a puppy -- and he's no puppy! He's 55 lbs and 1 year old.

Old 07-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Get yourself a good e-collar and teach him to walk at heel and teach in to wait and stop on command. You will be glad a thousand time over if you train the dog to obey commands.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks...

He knows "Sit" and "Stay". My wife and I are working with him on the command "Come", because at 1 yr old, he can be a bit stubborn, like he's saying, "No... come get me..."
Old 07-10-2021, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is where an e-collar come in. You will want a dog that size to do what you want him to do, whether he wants to or not. I takes a little repetitious work but in the long run it is nice to know when you tell your dog to do something he will do it. It really doesn't take an inordinate amount of time to train a dog with an e-collar and the dog is better off obeying on command instead of it he feels like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.