Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Sorry, guys, I gotta take a little sabbatical from here... >

Sorry, guys, I gotta take a little sabbatical from here...

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Sorry, guys, I gotta take a little sabbatical from here...

Old 10-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sorry, guys, I gotta take a little sabbatical from here...

Read my thread over on the Firearm section under Guns. What started out as a simple thread about target shooting with a .308 rifle and accuracy turned ugly (not just HNI but on other forums as well).

If there was a way to completely remove my entire username/account, I would do it myself and be done with this place... I'm taking a break from all the B.S.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

well sorry you feel this way
but the ONLY BS< was the claim of your group size in your other tread LOL
I was 100% honest and fair with you!
a shame you were not in return with the replying posts! calling I gather me a name I never claimed to me?
and its hard to read the other post when you deleted most of what started your anger!

Last edited by mrbb; 10-12-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh well, as they say, all good things must come to an end.

Bye everyone... Feb 2003 - Oct 2020... Another longtime veteran of HNI is now gone, and gone for good.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

well you can leave if you wish, no skin off my knuckles,
but I do think its a little over reacting IMO
but we all do what we feel is best, so, Good bye then!
Old 10-09-2020, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to see this happen Butch and hoping you change your mind. I think many of us have had to take a break from this place over the years. I've taken a few myself. FWIW, most of the time something like this happens, it's usually the result of just a few members and does not represent the entire group. It can feel like it's the whole group but that's because many of them don't jump in either way or want to get involved in the latest dustup. You aren't the first longtime member to leave (there have been hundreds) and, unfortunately, you won't be the last longtime member to leave. Each time one of you leaves, the place dies a little more. Not trying to be melodramatic but people who really knew this place in the early 2000's know what I'm talking about. Some of us hang on, hoping for a return of the golden years but they're a lot like life--eventually they pass you by. Shoot me a PM with your email and stay in touch.

Cal
Old 10-11-2020, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I took 3 plus months off recently. Sometimes you just have to get some space. Posting on this site is what you make of it. If it gives you pleasure then post away. If not then don't post. In my case I decided that posting in the political forum was a waste of my time since my main goal isn't to debate anyone but merely to express my opinions and learn a little from those I admire.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
Posting on this site is what you make of it. If it gives you pleasure then post away. If not then don't post.
Wise words.

If the opinion of some unknown folks on a forum mess up your day... Then it's probably time to step away for a bit.

Many positive interactions with butch in the past. And hopefully many positive more in the future. But it's just a forum.

-Jake

​​​​​​
Old 10-11-2020, 09:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

While I am not on here as much myself now a days I will still stop by once and a while and post. Years back I was given a temporary ban over in the political forum. But it was done fairly as two of us was given the cooling off period. I was warned and kept on just the same. I can look back and laugh at it today though. But I donít get involved on the politics on here now. But my point is some folks say stuff just to stir the pot and the set back and watch the top spin around and round laughing about it. Itís the way of some people on the internet are. No need to get to worked up about it. Just try and laugh about it and move on. If they know that they can get under your skin they will keep at it for a laugh. Itís sad but thatís the way some are. There really is no sense in getting all worked up about it. It has become the way of the Internet.. As others have stated there is still some great people on here that is more than willing to help others out. But the decision on what you do is entirely up to you..
Old 10-11-2020, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it's not fun when a mod cracks the whip but sometimes an example has to be made, especially when I'm in a pissin contest with somebody. I notice they don't permaban people much anymore which is appreciated. I'll take my lumps when i cross a line but try not to cross that line next time. I've also noticed when you read the first part of a post and it's tearing you up, I tend not to read the rest of the post which often explains why somebody thinks differently. I may not agree with them but not everybody has the same opinion or the same hunting or shooting conditions.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I vote Butch back on the Island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.