Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Off Season
Corona Check In-Soundoff >

Corona Check In-Soundoff

Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Corona Check In-Soundoff

Old 05-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... I do all sorts of tunes, play various instruments, and try my best at singing too. The tune I did (San Francisco Bay Blues) was done by Jesse Fuller, who was the last of a dying breed of "one man band" musicians, and was recorded back in 1954. I strained while hitting that E above middle C note (i.e. the first string on a guitar), because normally, I have a deep baritone Johnny Cash type of natural singing voice...
Old 05-12-2020, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Lotta talent there Butch. Sounds great!

-Jake
Old 05-12-2020, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

First of all good luck with your health rr that mold is nothing to fool around with.. Sending along healing thoughts and prayers for ya..

I was on vacation last week and mostly turkey hunted. The weather here has been anything but helpful. The only good day I spent a six hour drive for a great deal on 16 foot 2x6s that will be used on adding on to my camp. I had to pick up a bundle of 80 for the deal though. Then yesterday morning I happened to connect on a nice turkey. Then just after I started for home I noticed a gate was wide open so I took a ride into camp. I checked it out real quick and turned my rain barrels over. Then started for home as I had to start working nights. After around thirty miles I get waved over by a lady patrolling the roads. It appears the gate around 2 miles from us was locked. She told me someone has been cutting the locks on the gates and no one is supposed to be on the roads there yet. So I asked if I had to go back to the gate that I drove in threw? She said seeing how I was almost out she would unlock it and let me threw. I thank her for doing that which made my way out a lot easier. She also told me that the gates will be opened up on Friday.. So I will most likely spend Friday night at camp..
Old 05-13-2020, 04:42 AM
Spike

Greeting from Vietnam.
The Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown really make us almost immoblize at this year. Fishing, hunting, jogging... all canceled due to this. Well I just consider this is a good time for relaxing, entertaintment... after a long working years. The lockdown in Vietnam has been removed due to no new case for 26 days so I'm back to my Edible Bird Nest farming and hunting. I look forward more information about you guys. Stay safe and calm. Good luck everyone.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by ButchA View Post
Anyone want to grab a guitar and play along? I've been playing guitar, fiddle, trumpet, keyboards, saxophone, and whatever else I can get my hands on to keep me sane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbceBbGut48

Two thumbs up Butch,! Who knew you were a kazooician.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

You know things are getting serious when the kazoo comes out!

-Jake
Old 05-13-2020, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL... Anyone enjoy some of the old time classics? Instead of rocking out on an electric guitar, I also play my prized 1967 school band trumpet (along with a little of everything else) and here I am playing along to an instrumental backing track that I downloaded, along with the main 1st Trumpet sheet music part. Remember the beautiful ballad "Here's That Rainy Day" by Jimmy Van Heusen? Don't laugh though because I wear a goofy pair of "band glasses" so I can read the sheet music...

Old 05-14-2020, 06:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can tell you what ButchA, you can play a lot better than me. I can play all kinds of music like on the radio and stuff like that. Heck I can even play some in my head.. But I surely canít play it on any instrument at all..
Old 05-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you... I also play piano, keyboards, etc... and try to sing like the band Chicago back in the 70's. Remember their hit song "Colour My World"? All I needed in this video recording was my daughter Joy to play her flute to this song, towards the end! I can do woodwinds (a little bit) but I kind of suck. I'm a brass player (trumpet, french horn, trombone, baritone & tuba, etc...) when it comes to band instruments.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Beautifully played Butch!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.