Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Unusual Encounter

Old 11-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

I bet you learned how to dance that day huh?

-Jake
Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me my brother and a couple of friends were out hiking. One guy was a definite city type and kind of a girly boy named Bob. An 8-inch Miliped comes out of the brush moving fast, Bob sticks his foot in front of it, my guess is to make it change direction. The Millipede didn't even slow down and ran right up the inside of Bobs pants leg, inside his boxers and took up residence somewhere around his testicles.

Bob is standing there frozen in place and making some really strange groaning sounds. The other three of us are trying to decide what to do about the situation. My brother says he will unbutton and unzip the Bobs pants. The other guy says he will grab Bobs pants legs and pull them down. My brother was then to yank down his shorts and I was supposed to swat the Milliped to the ground. I take out my Buck knife and poor Bob asks what I'm going to do with that. I said I'm going to stab it before I swat it. We all bust out laughing, Bob really didn't see the humor in the situation. All turned out well in the end, everybody but Bob thought it was a hoot.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 11-06-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

If Bob wasn't man enough to take care of his boys, I 'll be darned if I would have taken the responsibility for them.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Once I was hunting in a rural area and was still hunting through a swamp. I came to a raised softwood island in the middle of the swamp and figured it was a good place to sit for a while. I found a broken log to sit on and figured I would eat my lunch. All of a sudden I could smell a very strange smell. It was a bit familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I looked around and could see some smoke coming out of a small group of hemlocks. I got up and walked over and there was a table and chair crudely made out of wood logs. On top was an incense burner spewing out sweet smelling smoke. As I looked around the grotto I could see remembrances and notes tacked up on trees. I finally figured out this unique site was someones shrine and judging by the notes was the anniversary of someones daughter who passed the year before. The site was beautiful and was undoubtedly a spot that was special to someone and their daughter. I said a little prayer and moved on leaving that spot as it was. I hunted that area a few times but always stayed away from the grotto.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:07 AM
Spike

Hi as you said you have Over the course of the last few years, spoken with hunters & other outdoors people/ both men & women that have had unusual encounters while out in the woods hunting, fishing; whether . I also had an unusual encounter while camping a snowstorm started and I got stuck and suffered hypothermia .
---------------------
NEW EMERGENCY WATERPROOF SLEEPING BAG

Last edited by player02; 11-15-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

While deer or turkey huntin' on top of a mountain overlooking a creek at floodstage one day in Western Maryland...I could hear stone boulders rolling down the creek.

Last edited by Erno86; 11-14-2019 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, that must have been horrifying!