Off Season This is the place to kick back and shoot the breeze.

Final GOT

Old 05-20-2019, 03:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Final GOT

Did anyone predict the ending of GOT last night. Be honest. I sure didn't, although I did predict that John Snow was going to kill the dragon queen after i saw that she had become power mad.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive mostly thought it was going to end with Snow killing her for 2 or 3 seasons now. A few times Ive questioned it and thought maybe I was wrong but for the most part that is what I thought would happen.

It fell pretty flat to me because I think they made it way to predictable she was going to be killed and probably by Snow. For the episode to be what they intended I needed to be more shocked when that happened and I just wasn't at all.

Even in this episode I questioned it and thought maybe it would be Tyrion when they showed the scene of him uncovering Jaimie but either way it was way to obvious that somebody was going to kill her. GOT really needed a shocking twist at the end to bring it home but it just wasn't there for me.

Great show though and it was always going to be almost impossible to give it a fitting ending.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I was disappointed a bit in how the king selection was made and who was picked. On this morning's news they said there are at lest two spin offs in the mill and one prequel is being planned.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Yeah, I was disappointed a bit in how the king selection was made and who was picked. On this morning's news they said there are at lest two spin offs in the mill and one prequel is being planned.
Yeah the whole king selection thing was really really bad. After all we just watched that is how we decide the Game of Thrones?
Old 05-24-2019, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was pretty clear that Dany would be killed, she'd snapped and with her speach about continuing to the world, well she had to go. If Jon or Tyrion had understood that speach, they would have done it then and there.

that said about the only thing I got right in the prediction game was Jon returning to the wall and going north, that's where he'd always been happy.

Ending arc for some of the characters was good:
- Jorah dieing protecting the queen
- the one eyed guy dieing protecting Arya
- Jamie killing Euron
- Theon dieing protecting Bran
- tyrion being hand of the king
- Sansa running the north, though I didn't expect queen
- Hound killing the mountain and himself in fire

Others I didn't like:
- Jamie/Cersei, yes the had to die together, but Cersei was supposed to be killed by her twin, they just dropped that prophecy
- Arya just sort of turned on one speach from the hound
- Unsullied returning to a happy town. They can't have kids, so what's going to happen there?
- Bran as king? Really?

I really thought a committee would run the 7 kingdoms, but I did like Sansa pulling the north out.

I really wanted Arya to kill Cersei, with the face of Jamie on, even if it meant she died.

I read an article about an alternate ending and while it had some holes, it was pretty good, this was nothing official, just some guy on youtube with an alternate ending, is went something like this:
- the knight king wins the first battle, Jon and the knight king have a great sword fight that Jon is about to loose when Dany rides in on a dragon, and fires the knight king allowing Jon to get on the dragon and get away. Fire does nothing to the knight king however.
- Everyone escapes from Winterfell via tunnels and heads for Kings Landing where Cersei is convinced to let them in.
- Jamie and Cersie re-unite and Cersei admits no baby, she's pissed after Jamie left. Jamie then kills her because of her speach.
- Knight King shows at Knights Landing and big fights happen over again. This time Jon beats the knight king.
- Danny still wants to rule the world and Arya kills her using he assassin skills and the face of Jamie.